Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would give them a purple heart and a pink slip in the same ceremony.

-- ML

Ive been in that exact situation.My perp dropped the knife after 2 steps and one command.Thank God.I dont envy the position these Officers were in however they should have dropped him long before he got to Macon Highway.Another sad concern is Officers cant trust their Administrators.Ive worked adrtenaline packed units and it was always the Administrations that caused extreme stress not the Bad Guys.Just saying

There are some....even many, who should not be on the job. Sadly that has gone from a small minority to many as administrations become more and more concerned about liability and less concerned with officer safety. I'm so glad I'm not working as an LEO anymore, I would not survive the court of public opinion.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

Amen to that brother.

I don't get this. He has a knife. They both have guns. They probably have Tasers and Pepper Spray. You can pop the guy any time you feel the need. Maybe I'm just a bit cold blooded but when people threaten me I just get mad. I also know I could skip a shot off the pavement right at his feet and he wouldn't be walking anywhere. Perhaps they're one of those departments that have insane ROE's.
    Is God Politically Correct? If not should you be? - F. Huff -- God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne. - B. Graham -- No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority. - Robert A. Heinlein

They probably have Tasers and Pepper Spray - against a knife? I wouldn't

they failed to convince the guy with the knife that they mean business and there were bad things coming if he didn't comply.
    but I do see that they split into an L formation as they went back towards the main road, that is where I think they would have less problems with back stop(bystanders)
    and they should have stopped him there on their terms -- no on his terms

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Fear driven tactics inculcated by fear driven administrations. Its no better in the civilian sector.
    Spot on, I saw it coming FOR YEARS..... Kids coming out of the academy scared of their own shadow, afraid to go hands on with anyone. It has been out of control for 20 years it just took the scumbags that long to figure it out.

Sad might have well given him a Bus ticket.