Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    Very nice ride.

Only question: if that's a corporate vehicle - I hope you took the tax deduction for it.
    Yeah...that was the point of the exercise...buy a new ride with company funds or pay more extortion money to the government...let me think on that now.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Yeah...maybe a Jeep section. Here in AZ we have so much back country...more than we have towns. When I had the old green jeep I did a good amount of overland back country exploring. I started doing that to calm the mind once I left police work, and really liked it. The green Jeep had some things that I didn't like. One it was an Inline 6 and did not seem to have as much power as the new ones I have driven. It was also 4 doors which was great for the two-kids-and-a-dog life, but made it longer and heavier.

I traded it in on a used Audi Q5 for my son. A Jeep is cool bt not a good first car. I have had the Black Tahoe (The Black Death) for 7 years now and it serves well...I will keep it, but its not a Jeep.

This one was actually pre-owned. I had been looking for a while and many are over priced. I did not want a stock 2020 for $60K and then have to put another $10-15 into it. I wanted a pre-owned one with everything already installed. This one popped on my radar and I went to take a look yesterday. Already kitted out with everything...almost anyway, with a few bells and whistles inside for Shield Maiden. There are improvements to the suspension, the transmission, the interior...the original owner probably added @$20 k of things to this beast. It was owned by an old gentleman that wanted it to join a local Jeep club.
    It’s a good buy Bro, there are a lot of plus sides to getting the last gen. I’m not a big fan of the new ones interior, and suspension. I drove a new 4 door, I almost pulled the trigger on a 2019 white 4 door rubicon. The best thing about the jeeps is their resale value, any of them would be ok in my book. That Jeep will go virtually anywhere you want.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Still have my 2001 TJ Wrangler Sport. Just turned 66k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Red Dot Combat Pistol School Orange TX March 6-8, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post

Still have my 2001 TJ Wrangler Sport. Just turned 66k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those were the best built Jeeps from the Mercedes era. I miss my TJ. Especially the 4.0. The new engines are like sewing machines. All spin, but no push.
    "Ex Umbris Venimus"

Man now I'm missing my H3 (Black Violence) and my old 4 door wrangler, and come to think of it my old zuki Samurai. It had an 86% gear reduction and 4" of lift sitting on 31/10.50 tires. That thing could go anywhere.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Yes...I like the trailer. It is just Shield Maiden and I now so no need for the extra doors. If I need to take extra stuff I can remove the second row of seats. I was looking at one of those Jeep Top tents for summer camping.
    I agree, love the two door Jeeps for wheeling. Some of my favorite mods:

1. Remove the back seat and add some lockable pull out storage.
    2. Thick foam headliner to kill the summer heat.
    3. Add a expedition rack like the Smittybilt SRC. This allows you to add a rooftop tent or extra gear when you need it.
    4. Relocate the light bar up and back about 8-12 inches. This will eliminate a lot of the windshield and hood glare and not screw with your night vision as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Man now I'm missing my H3 (Black Violence) and my old 4 door wrangler, and come to think of it my old zuki Samurai. It had an 86% gear reduction and 4" of lift sitting on 31/10.50 tires. That thing could go anywhere.
    I will take a picture of my 73 blazer on 44s this weekend. It has front and rear Dana 60s, 350, its all beat up but I bought it because I thought it would be fun to build a full size rock crawler. I actually have another 74 suburban chassis I am putting a 78 single cab body on. It was going to be my truggie, but not I’m thinking about building a truck for my son. Idk yet, like everything else it’s all up in the air... I just want to go rock crawling bro...:)
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

eandmejpg.jpg

For size reference. That is Snakedoc on my left.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Right on Gabe! Badass ride! I miss my jeeps, I had a ‘91 square headlight YJ. The last year they used the 258 straight 6. And I had a ‘79 CJ 7. That one had a 4” lift, full roll cage, 35” tires. Someday I’ll have another one. The Jeep is the undisputed king of the off road.

Plenty of room to sleep - under - too, just sayin’
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)