Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Ongoing Decline of the American Male

“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ~ C.S. Lewis, The Abolition Of Man

In the movie Falling Down, Bill Foster (Michael Douglas) is a defense engineer who has lost his family, his home, and his job. We follow him on the day he finally snaps, his despair morphing into rage against his misfortunes. Among other incidents, he shoots up a Mexican-American gang, berates the employees of a fast-food restaurant for the hamburger they serve him, kills a vicious neo-Nazi, and blows up part of a construction site. At the end of the film, held at gunpoint by a detective, Foster says in surprise, “I’m the bad guy?”

A lot of men are saying the same thing these days.

(LINK POSTERS SEE THE EXCERPT)

The Ongoing Decline of the American Male

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Well, I am the bad guy. So are you, and most on this web site.

Embrace it.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

245. And a wakeup.

I always have embraced it. I am comfortable in my own darkness...and as Nietzche said,
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I have noticed similar things in the last few years. At my daughters school and when doing things like shopping for clothes there are examples of it. Girls have shirts saying things like "I am the future" or "The future is female!" and there isn't any corresponding encouragement or reinforcement for boys. Instead of trying to focus boys impulses they'd rather try to stop them all together. The concept of taking someone and pushing them to their fullest potential, regardless of them being a boy or a girl, seems obscure. Even at work I see examples of it where they go out of their way to point out that the vast majority of promotions are going to women or whatever and make a big deal about physical characteristics of people instead of competency and capability. Its even evident in what passes as "leadership" training. Instead of, again, taking someone to their fullest potential they make a big deal about making sure one group is pushed harder than another and blah blah blah...

I always come back to King's I Have A Dream speech when I look around these days and see the vast majority of people doing the exact opposite. Too many people are focused on the color of someones skin or what is between their legs and don't even consider the content of their character; or anything else really.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I have noticed similar things in the last few years. At my daughters school and when doing things like shopping for clothes there are examples of it. Girls have shirts saying things like "I am the future" or "The future is female!" and there isn't any corresponding encouragement or reinforcement for boys. Instead of trying to focus boys impulses they'd rather try to stop them all together. The concept of taking someone and pushing them to their fullest potential, regardless of them being a boy or a girl, seems obscure. Even at work I see examples of it where they go out of their way to point out that the vast majority of promotions are going to women or whatever and make a big deal about physical characteristics of people instead of competency and capability. Its even evident in what passes as "leadership" training. Instead of, again, taking someone to their fullest potential they make a big deal about making sure one group is pushed harder than another and blah blah blah...

I always come back to King's I Have A Dream speech when I look around these days and see the vast majority of people doing the exact opposite. Too many people are focused on the color of someones skin or what is between their legs and don't even consider the content of their character; or anything else really.
    Very well said. I totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

I’ve seen this metro- almost man thing coming and I fear to see what’s next- the last few years I’ve had streams of young “men” apply for construction jobs and not knowing the trade is one thing- not knowing how a ladder works, not being able to pick up one section of scaffolding wing afraid of a utility knife; not know to drink water in he heat; no muscle tone at all and not capable of an eight-10 your day of even moderate exertion .
    But then I teach a hunters safety class and see 20-30 boys some girls as well but boys who are squared away, cook there own lunches clean the facility, engaged- asking questions- acting the part of young men - so maybe the percentages are about the same between cucks and actual men just the girly weak men are even more so and don’t possess the knowledge to be ashamed and try to hide their failings.
    The deck is definitely stacked against young men from school to higher education to the workplace to civil society at large.
    My wife has a shirt that says don’t let your cowboys grow up to be babies!

Total agreement, Dorkface. Another big reason for the decline in masculinity is that men have left the teaching profession. The only man to be found in most elementary schools these days is the janitor and possibly a SSO. The women running them have been indoctrinated to believe that all masculine behaviors in boys are pathological and work to stamp them out. If at all possible, get your kids out of public school. Even the "good ones" are bad.
    "No plan survives contact with the 82nd Airborne Division."
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!"

There is a severe shortage of "Men" examples these days. However, there are a lot of examples of effeminate males running around. As I told a friend of mine recently...there are a lot of males around, but not a lot of men.
    Last edited by Chaos; 12-31-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Society, government, and school actively encourage non-traditional males and females and encourage their development / advancement.

Society, government, and schools simultaneously discourage boys from being boyish and developing or exploring any masculine traits. They blame men for the wrongs and evils in life. They preach that girls are the future.

And then the same society, government, and school acts surprised / bewildered at declining male success and participation rates in all parts of society!!! It's maddening.

I actively look for opportunities to engender masculinity in my boy and encourage him to lead, to succeed, and to win. I look forward to my little warrior becoming an upstanding and masculine man.

Also of note in the article:

“Perhaps most terrifyingly,” Carlson declares, is that “men seem to be becoming less male.” He reports that sperm counts throughout the West have plummeted some 60 percent since the early 1970s, and that in the last thirty years testosterone levels among men have dropped 30 percent.

Why this massive plunge?

The few scientific investigations of this phenomenon can’t pinpoint the cause. Meanwhile, the media and our government ignore this staggering news.
    Monte