Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    At the point where being unpopular no longer matters. People should EARN their rights...some are simply too GD stupid to have ANY rights at all. Dont believe me...stroll through a Walmart, Dollar, or Target store.
    I agree with the concept....but how do we restrict who is qualified to carry without giving the bureaucrats the authority to just declare everyone "Too dumb" to be trusted with a gun? What government agency could we trust to stick to the spirit of such a law instead of abusing it?

I think there is no shortage of people who think that the way we carry (AIWB) is so dangerous that it proves us unfit.

One of the things that concerns me more that stupid people with guns is the character (and in many cases, the agenda) of most of our elected officials.

So, while I can get behind the concept of people earning their rights, I have to wonder who we could trust to grant them.
    "I have many people, but few men."
    -Xerxes, King of Persia, at the battle of Thermopylae

"Charity has got everything to do with giving and absolutely nothing to do with taking."

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Trench

I say we remove all warning labels from everything and let nature take it's course.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Trench View Post
    I agree with the concept....but how do we restrict who is qualified to carry without giving the bureaucrats the authority to just declare everyone "Too dumb" to be trusted with a gun? What government agency could we trust to stick to the spirit of such a law instead of abusing it?

No idea...but when I see fat fredie with a Keltec (most like home gunsmithed) tucked into his sweat pants...right next to the tube for his oxygen bottle walking the candy aisle of the market I can't help but imagine my response if he bent over to pick up a dropped Snickers bar and his Keltec discharged and shot one of my people. You don't just put a car together and drive it on the road, and it is my opinion that not everyone should be carrying among the rest of us. How that might be implemented is for another day.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I say we remove all warning labels from everything and let nature take it's course.
    That'd be a good start!

Only other possible way I see it is granting rights based off some mix of taxes and assets.

Taking welfare check and not paying taxes- probably can't be trusted with firearms... or voting... or having kids...

Savvy investor that washes his capital gains? Can qualify with property or other assets.

I watch a few threads on FB, (probably shouldnt) fan boy sites that are constantly asking who makes what in what color or should I do a mod for my new and un-fired cover gun. I made the error of responding to a couple of questions and know that we are screwed as responsible users of firearms because of the most all the responses. Q1 what mods should I do first ? My response, buy ammo and see a coach or trainer who can help you with skills and let that determine your mods if any..... Q2 - is i am shopping and hear gunfire from the back of the store should I take out the shooter or get my wife to safety? My response, know the laws in your state that may dictate your response and fulfill you first responsibilities first. The outcry to both responses was the same, they told that the fan boy forums are more about bling and gunshop hero talk than anything. I for one appreciate the level of conversation on this forum. Everyone has fun, get educated and helps people. Its disappointing that so many take our community(self defense & training) as a place that they can pontificate about how to use the newest bling coated pistol and wipe out the multiple bad guys like they see on prime time. I am beginning to be more concerned about idiots with bling guns and no training than bad guys. Psych profile, skills test, demonstarted ability of process complex problems, scenario evaluations ? something! As to Gregs "warning labels" comment we are the country that placed "don't iron on self" warnings for a reason.

The world is just plain not a safe place. Yes I am somewhat concerned about incompetent people carrying guns, but I am much more afraid of Jane Doe soccer mom with a cell phone pressed to her ear oblivious to traffic signs and conditions killing someone that they do all of the time.
    Typical account from the FL HP for someone that was killed a mile away from me yesterday.
    Debra McBride, 62, of Milton, was driving a 2001 Nissan Frontier north on Woodbine Road approaching Fawnwood Drive. Clayton Fischer, 23, of Flomaton, Alabama, was driving in front of McBride in a 2014 Kia Forte. Anthony Hill, 63, of Pace was riding a bicycle in the center turn lane, attempting to cross over Woodbine Road from west to east.As McBride attempted to pass Fischer in a no passing zone, the front of her vehicle struck Hill. The impact knocked Hill into the road where he was struck by Fischer, the release said.
    Hill was pronounced dead on scene.
    Last year same place a drunk being followed by the police killed three in that same turning lane nearby that accident site.
    Right now our antigun forces in FL are trying make retraining of CCW mandatory and shorter periods for the renewal of the CCW. Yes I know there are accidents from idiots with CCW licenses, but it is not the major cause of public violence.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Amen!!!!
    Buyer beware - no suing, no how
    Darwin Awards for the broader definitions of stupid.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    He might still have a sub 1 minute draw.
    Paul

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

I like the idea, but they basically did that in New Zealand and it hasn't had the Darwinian effect that we would have hoped for.
    Virtute et Armis