Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lasik

Had LASIK done about 20 years ago...only started low level readers in last couple years...doc hasn’t even written a script, just using from Walmart...but I have the beginnings of cataracts and my once excellent night vision has gone to hell in last few years...

FWIW, I was 20/440ish before LASIK, 20/15-20 after...

I had lasik in only one eye, about three months ago.

Literally cannot see any better, at all. 0% improvement.

Apparently this happens from time to time....

I considered getting lasik but decided against it due to the loss of peripheral vision some I know have experienced...

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

Had my LASIK 14 years ago next week. $2,800 per eye - definitely did not go with the low cost provider.

For the first 12 years my vision was better than perfect. Almost obnoxiously so.

Oddly, one of my eyes has naturally become far-sighted and one near-sighted. My brain puts the images together to allow me to see fine both near & far, but not as well as I could five years ago. Still no need for glasses.

Would 100% do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter76 View Post
    I considered getting lasik but decided against it due to the loss of peripheral vision some I know have experienced...
    say what? there is literally no reason that lasik would cause that that I'm aware of.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Weird. Never heard of Lasik impacting peripheral vision.

99% of people I've talked to have had a perfect experience with it. There is 1% that have some minor trouble. For instance I have 20/20 vision but the lasik mildly increased my astigmatism. It's not enough to notice most of the time. It does cause some blooming with red dots...but they are still an improvement over iron sights.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    say what? there is literally no reason that lasik would cause that that I'm aware of.
    Perhaps 'loss' was a bit misleading... I know a few people who have had it done and they've all said their periphial vision is blurrier at the edges.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

To which one could answer that their peripheral vision seems blurrier because their unrefracted central vision is now more acute (clearer).

Had LASIK Thursday - procedure went well other than I wasn't expecting to smell the vaporized corneal tissue during the actual laser treatment - the 45 minute ride back through new snow and bright sun was absolutely awful. Didn't consider how bright it would be, massive headache by time made it home.

Eye drops , tylenol pm and 4 hour nap cleared that up. Vision was better but not 20/20 at that point. Aggressive use of eye drop and aggressive drinking water that evening.

Minor panic the following morning - couldn't open eyes - lashes were glued shut - wife squirted a little artificial tears on them and all was good. Vision was good but not 20/20. More aggressive use of drops and fluids and vision improved during the day. Was able to drive myself to followup - even did a short drive after dark and don't seem to have the headlight halo thing happening.

Day 2 post surgery and I think my vision is at least 20/20 unless I slack off on the eye drops. I do need 1.5 cheaters for near vision.

So in all good to go so far,

Got it around 2008, for somewhere between $2K and $3K, and have had better than 20/20 vision since.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012