Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    As a non-LEO, who has worn a full IIA vest, a soft plate carrier, and a hard plate carrier- I have NOT found a way to carry concealed AIWB or 3-4oclock IWB with a vest.

Mainly wear vests to ranges and it prevents carrying conealed IWB for me. Vest gets in the way or restricts movement. (FWIW, I'm about 5' 7 and about 29 waist.)
    This is the problem, I assume that you also have a short torso and not a lot of mass. In a standard sized person (5'10" ish), if the vest is worn properly (collar up to the clavicle notch) the bottom of the vest should be well out of the way for AIW carry.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    This is the problem, I assume that you also have a short torso and not a lot of mass. In a standard sized person (5'10" ish), if the vest is worn properly (collar up to the clavicle notch) the bottom of the vest should be well out of the way for AIW carry.

My mistake, I should have clarified it's the plate carriers I was referring to as "vests" and it's the added thickness from the panels that can foul my draw from AIWB. If I drew more up and away from my body when clearing the holster, that would solve my issue (current plates are maybe 3 inches above gun I think?).

I could try a different carrier or plates but hasn't been a priority. I am open to suggestions/recommendations though.

If I'm wearing plates I have a long gun in my hands so there isn't an advantage in wearing appendix. If I have a long gun and plates I also want retention on my holster.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities