I just ordered a SI striker and spring.
    And stop using cheap assed ammo
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Amen to that. Never have, never will (use cheap ammo).

myself and swamp thing, personally run 6# springs. we do this because we've had plenty of light strikes with various ammo manufacturers and dont mind the extra little bit on the trigger when we know it'll go bang every time

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    And stop using cheap assed ammo

For self defense I use the best I can buy.
    Right now I will be making a buy of bonded speer +P 124 for serious work. I will have to find out what FMJ load groups to the same impact point. Last I checked that grade of speer ammo is about 60 cents a round and it was recommended by one of the Nobodys as very good ammo for accuracy and penetration performance. But, a little costly for ringing steel.
    I see shop monkey uses a #6 striker spring and I can see the wisdom of that. For now until I figure out the final trigger pull wt issue I will stay with the SI striker spring when it arrives.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Nagantguy View Post
    Mr. Nichols is most likely far more knowledgeable than either of us on the subject- and I agree with his answer, sounds like a solution looking for a problem- on one of the AR forums I just read a post about some gamers using the cci #41 military primers small rifle, loaded in 9mm mouse fart loads to make major power factor, and then asking how high poundage of striker spring they should use to ignite said hard hot primer. Guess it takes all kinds.
    They actually use those primers because they are using super high pressure loads to make 9mm major. Definately not mouse fart loads.

The military primers are thicker, the idea being you are less likely to get a pierced primer blowing up in your face under uber high pressure loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Taylor View Post
    They actually use those primers because they are using super high pressure loads to make 9mm major. Definately not mouse fart loads.

The military primers are thicker, the idea being you are less likely to get a pierced primer blowing up in your face under uber high pressure loads.

I thought most those people had gone to longer cases like .38 auto and other long 9mm cases in supported chambers to avoid what seem to be rifle like pressures.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I thought most those people had gone to longer cases like .38 auto and other long 9mm cases in supported chambers to avoid what seem to be rifle like pressures.
    Maybe, but the guys shooting 9mm will generally use the brass one time only, with the .mil primers for the reasons stated above.

There are alot of guys who use glocks with supported barrels in open divisions, also. 9mm. This is what they do.