Thread: Ruger-57

Default Ruger-57

Any one else catch the 22plinkster video talking about the new "GOLD DOT" ammo coming on line for the 5.7, the early stuff looked like a beefier version of the 22 mag load for self defense use?

If true mite make a good coyote popper
    All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler

FACIEM TUAM, DOMINC, REQUIRAM

Well, based on area knowledge, Ruger quality, and Ruger reliability when it comes to post 2000 handguns, the last thing that would ever be on my mind is a Ruger 5.7, let alone anything coming out of the local factory here in Prescott. But by all means, if you want a handgun made for a high pressure pistol cartridge in a delayed blowback system, which is leaps and bounds away from anything in their normal scope of manufacturing, that is assembled by rehab flunkies and designed by a man who doesn't know what ctrl+s does on a computer, don't let me stop you.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

DON'T want the pistol , but the ammo is another story
    All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler

FACIEM TUAM, DOMINC, REQUIRAM

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJames View Post
    DON'T want the pistol , but the ammo is another story
    A couple years ago I would have been on the same page. Today, it's just not catching my eye. Still, like I said in the other thread, I wish them luck.