Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Neck knives are gay. Women might pass a cursory search for one but no man will. ..l.
    Um, no. Carried properly, over the sternum and between the pectaoral muscles - the kind you get from doing your benchpresses and pushups and not the metrosexual kind, neck kiives hide very well. I've worn my knife under an Under Armour T shirt in NPE environments, so I'm speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    Um, no. Carried properly, over the sternum and between the pectaoral muscles - the kind you get from doing your benchpresses and pushups and not the metrosexual kind, neck kiives hide very well. I've worn my knife under an Under Armour T shirt in NPE environments, so I'm speaking from experience.
    Reading is fundamental.... you completely missed the most crucial word from my response.... SEARCH. I don't give a crap if you can hide it, I can too, but I can hide a knife just as easily on my waist and it's not going to sway to and fro like a nut sack as I move, so I might as well carry in a more advantageous position.

When I have the occasion to carry hide away blade(s) none of them are anywhere near my neck.
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 02-04-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post

I have a titanium clip on my GU...again I forget what make. I'm quite happy with it...but it's not tuckable.

In general I'm a big fan of carrying a knife so that I can access with either hand. And I really gravitate towards by left hand because if it comes to a fight, it's most likely that I'm going to guns. So my right hand will be busy...if not drawing and firing then focused on retention. The left hand must be good at access and use with the blade.

How many of you practice knife work with your support hand?

The knife guys I have worked with (and I've done much less knife than I have empty hand and pistol) all say to train knife with only your primary hand; that we have limited training time and while training both hands is nice it is not a priority. In general I am much more of a train both hands equally guy, but I can see where they are coming from.

I'm a gun guy, not a knife guy. For me, using a knife is just karate with something stabby in my hand...so my hands are pretty equal. But I submit that if you're a gun guy, maybe it's a good idea to devote most of your knife training to your support hand.

After 25 years of carrying (and occasionally deploying them with intent), GU gets my vote for best fixed blade.

Interesting idea with the clip on the GU. Will have to experiment with that.

To get my GU right, I drilled holes at a different height and went with PTD loops on a slight cant. That way I can move around and bend just fine, yet still access with either hand.

Definite agree with the fixed blade oriented towards the support side cause the dominant side should have the pistol.

Also agree with keeping both hands proficient not just from a tactical point of view but practical as well.

Speaking from experience a bad injury to the dominant side can mess up EDC. So it pays to keep both sides as equal as possible and have gear to for both sides (IE a AIWB holster for the non-dominant side and be able to draw/shoot close or equal to dominant side).

I carry mine horizontal with the handle slightly left of my belt buckle. This allows a saber grip with the right and a reverse grip with the left.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I've got a couple of small fixed blades I carry. One is a JB Knife & Tool Ditch Sacket, which is a small and very light RGEI design. It utilizes a Utiliclip, which is excellent. The second and the one I carry most often is a Mickey Yurco designed wharncliffe blade with an egg-shaped handle. Again, very light and small and cuts like a razor. It also uses the Utiliclip, which sets the standard as far as I'm concerned by attaching to the material rather than the belt, and it will not come lose. It works just as well with some lightweight exercise shorts. Both of these knives have a less than 3" blade and hide very well. I normally carry them just to the left of my belt buckle in front.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

Does anyone here use an Ulticlip on their Gang Unit sheath?
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I carry mine horizontal with the handle slightly left of my belt buckle. This allows a saber grip with the right and a reverse grip with the left.
    I carry my mag pouch, horizontal OWB and my knife vertical just forward of the knife, just off center to my left.
    Are you carrying the reverse of my setup, Greg??