Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    Where did you get that sheath? It's not available on the skallywag site.
    I found it here :

https://www.covenantdesignworks.com/...=3811165995035

The knife is a very personal thing and I get that. I personally do not like holes to put my finger through I.E. Socp by benchmade and spartan blades, karambits, and things of that nature. I also dont like claw shaped blades. In the original post I said I was using the GU as the measuring bar. The main reason being it's a very useful all around tool, and still capable of getting the job done. I also didnt include cord wrapped or skeletonized handles because I dont like them, but knives are a very personal thing.

If I didn’t get stopped by every cop in town I would carry a Bowie knife, I’m not about to carry that shit iwb....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I’ve carried a Paul Moore BOB for awhile now, it’s a clinch pick clone. Strictly a get off me knife. A Al Warren drop point is carried for “general use” but could do some damage if needed. Actual fighters in the stable are a Randal #1 and a Gerber Mk 2, but they are by no means small. The ESEEs mentioned are a great value.

I really like push/punch daggers but they are super illegal here.

Good luck finding one now, but my EDC knife for two years now has been and is an ASOT 01 from Hardcore Hardware. I carry it handle end down on a stripped paracord neck lanyard positioned over my sternum.

https://www.breachbangclear.com/hardcore-hardware-asot-01

Last edited by P.D.; 01-04-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    Good luck finding one now, but my EDC knife for two years now has been and is an ASOT 01 from Hardcore Hardware. I carry it handle end down on a stripped paracord neck lanyard positioned over my sternum.

https://www.breachbangclear.com/hardcore-hardware-asot-01

Also a huge fan of a neck knife- a truly ambidextrous location- takes up no belt space and can retrieve it faster than my carry pistol- a Camillus TI is what’s currently in the rotation- high carbon steel with a titanium coating- never rusts or tarnish and scary sharpe- the removable clip on the kydex sheath is pretty decent but I remove it for neck carry,good knife the handle is rounded and slightly curved at the pommel and fits my hand much better than almost any knife I own at any price. Just a piece of gear that works well for me from everyday farm chores to gutting deer or sheep or goats to keeping someone off my person/firearm. I’m sure someone will be along to flame me cause of the knives under $30 price- but it’s given me 3 years of rock solid performance. Also like that the sculpted G-10 scales can be taken off if one decides to cord wrap the Handle as some with bigger bands opt to do. It’s a lot of value in a small fixed blade; my two training partners have also taken to carrying the same knife - just different color grip scales.

Late to the thread and haven't read all, cheap way out: Kabar make a little neck knife available at Cabella's for 10 bucks. I don't like neck knives, personal pref. Used J-B Weld to glue a spring clip from a cheap nylon holster to the included sheath. I carry it just left of my middle rear belt loop with the skeletonized handle down.
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

Neck knives are gay. Women might pass a cursory search for one but no man will. Put it on your belt where its useful.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by HeavySmoke View Post
    I personally do not like holes to put my finger through I.E. Socp by benchmade and spartan blades, karambits, and things of that nature.
    I agree completely< I can just see a snag, grab, a number of things happen and snap goes the finger....nope.