Red face Data for 7,62x39 Subsonic

i am searching reloading Data for 7,62x39 Subsonic rounds who will Cycle the AK action.

I am using a Yugo M70ab2 and the Quickload reloading software to try out different loads
    I use .308 from 185 to 200 grs VMJ bullets.
    I first tried quick powders such as red dot and then a little slower like N110 up to Max pressure allowed.
    The bullet speeds remained subsonic, but somehow these types of powder do not seem to generate enough gas pressure
    at the gas port to guarantee reliable reloading.
    These loads could be nice for a Bold action Rifle.
    I had shortened the main spring by a few turns that the weapon worked properly.
    But I don't want to change the spring every time I change the ammunition.
    Maybe someone besides me has experience with this problem.
    I've been thinking about slower powder types now, but the shell volume on such heavy bullets seems to be very limited
    I would be very grateful for a suitable recipe

Greetings Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny69 View Post
    i am searching reloading Data for 7,62x39 Subsonic rounds who will Cycle the AK action.

I am using a Yugo M70ab2 and the Quickload reloading software to try out different loads
    I use .308 from 185 to 200 grs VMJ bullets.
    I first tried quick powders such as red dot and then a little slower like N110 up to Max pressure allowed.
    The bullet speeds remained subsonic, but somehow these types of powder do not seem to generate enough gas pressure
    at the gas port to guarantee reliable reloading.
    These loads could be nice for a Bold action Rifle.
    I had shortened the main spring by a few turns that the weapon worked properly.
    But I don't want to change the spring every time I change the ammunition.
    Maybe someone besides me has experience with this problem.
    I've been thinking about slower powder types now, but the shell volume on such heavy bullets seems to be very limited
    I would be very grateful for a suitable recipe

Greetings Sascha
    I would try the round nose 220 30 cal and a slower power to get more pressure into the gas port. Another tactic might be modify the gas tube area to prevent the rapid venting of gas and loss of push on the pistol. I am not sure of how to do it. It is possible that some of the adjustable systems out there might be capable of maintaining higher pressure. The AKM and AK47 are not good candidates for being super quiet. People do put silencers on them, but easier to go 300 blackout in an AR.
    See structures on gas tube that vent gas. Need a gas tube without flutes or venting holes.

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I would suggest checking dedicated reloading forums. A quick search online found a lot of reloading data; sub sonic 7.63x39 data seems very niche.

From what I have read in the past its also one of the reasons the Russians developed the 9x39 round.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I would suggest checking dedicated reloading forums. A quick search online found a lot of reloading data; sub sonic 7.63x39 data seems very niche.

From what I have read in the past its also one of the reasons the Russians developed the 9x39 round.
    apparently people are building ARs in the 9x39 round due to its big 9mm bullet and subsonic speed
    200 Round Lot - 9x39 Wolf Subsonic 278 Grain FMJ Bi-metal Case Ammo

$129.50 + $12.00 Shipping

I had the chance to build several AR15s in this caliber recently and I have to say they are a lot of fun

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez