Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elbow Pain

Default Elbow Pain

I've been experiencing what I'm pretty sure is "Tennis Elbow" for the past few weeks. Tendinitis pain on the outside of my right (dominant hand) elbow. I've tried ice. I've tried a few days of NSAIDs. I've not benched dead-lifted, or done push-ups since it started. I never play tennis. It will not go away.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of it before I head back to the doctor who will try and put me on statins? (Not that he'll think they will help my elbow, but he always tries to put me on statins when I see him.)

Quote Originally Posted by jesselp View Post
    I've been experiencing what I'm pretty sure is "Tennis Elbow" for the past few weeks. Tendinitis pain on the outside of my right (dominant hand) elbow. I've tried ice. I've tried a few days of NSAIDs. I've not benched dead-lifted, or done push-ups since it started. I never play tennis. It will not go away.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of it before I head back to the doctor who will try and put me on statins? (Not that he'll think they will help my elbow, but he always tries to put me on statins when I see him.)
    Ive had luck with the compression straps that are sold everywhere, supplementing turmeric for anti-inflammatory purposes seemed to help as well. Using an EZ curl bar on a preacher bench originally jacked me up, so if you do those Id avoid them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The biggest hindrance to adaptability is ego.

I had that kind of thing several years ago
    from, I think, a minor incident at work.
    My attorney (ha!), suggested glucosamine.
    It worked post haste. I take the glucosamine
    rarely for other things now, but the elbow
    issue hasn't returned.

My pain was somewhat sporadic, but painful
    and very annoying.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Johnny C!; 01-03-2020 at 06:29 AM.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

It usually goes away after a bit. I just had it too, it took about 3 weeks for me...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I have been dealing with this issue myself. I listened to this podcast and it has changed my life. Chad Riley is an USPSA National Champion. I have followed his protocol and it was gone in 3 days

https://firearmsnation.com/chad-reil...-tennis-elbow/
    In GOD we TRUST!!!

Totally depends on what's causing it. That said, a compression sleeve and always eating a good amount of gelatin every day helps mine.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by jesselp View Post

Honestly you shouldn't be seeing the sort of doctor who prescribes statins for this sort of thing--a GP is a generalist, where a sports medicine doctor will be more up on current literature.

Last time I had something similar (I hit both "tennis elbow" tendons and both "golfers elbow" tendons at the same time), I did a lot of research and looking for solutions.

One, of course, is NSAIDs. Of which Tumeric/Curcumin (as CDX09 notes) is one. It's the Curcumin in the Tumeric that has the anti-inflammatory properties which are about dose equivalent with Acetaminophen.

This page has a lot of the exercises I did for them: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...s-and-symptoms

I've suffered through this a couple of times. The last time was six years ago, and I fixed it by avoiding using the affected arm for a couple of days combined with a slightly higher than reccomended dose of over the counter ibuprofen. I didn't eat with my right hand. I didn't brush my teeth with my right hand. I didn't do anything with my right arm if I could at all avoid it. That helped me a whole lot. Sometimes when I would feel it starting to flare up again , I would do the same thing and that has kept the problem in check. Previous flare ups lasted a month or two and were completely miserable. I hope your problem resolves a lot faster!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    "Consequence outweighs probability." - Blaise Pascal

Good question. My arm has been hurting the same for going on 5 weeks now. It is quite discouraging. I have to do all my dry firing with my support hand.
    "Dress for battle everyday... Boots you can fight in, plenty of ammo and an accurate pistol. God willing... when they try it here... one of us will be there.
    Gabe Suarez

The compression sleeve has always worked well for me..