Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Default FORTUITOUS OUTCOMES - TEXAS CHURCH SHOOTING

texas-church-shooting-vid.jpg

Examine the video above. The action takes place in the upper right hand corner. The hero of the day is on the left side of the screen. I want to point out all the pre-event indicators that the bad guy is showing, and that are totally missed by everyone. It is almost as if the people around him simply cannot mentally accept what is going on. Notice greeter casually speaking with the shooter, not noticing his demeanor, attire, nor equipment. Notice also the first security man who is simply not paying attention and stands abruptly (drawing attention to himself) and seems to casually draw at a point where he is so far behind that he can do nothing to mentally or physically catch up. His was a race of attention, not a matter of draw speed. I have always said that timing is a far more important thing than speed. And notice the entire congregation, as if asleep (yes...I know they were praying) suddenly start at the first gunshots. I don't go to church much anymore these days, but when I do, I don't close my eyes and bow my head. It is 2020, our times have changed and I stay aware of everything around me.

Below is my perspective. I know it will not be popular, but that has never slanted my opinion on things.

https://gabesuarez.com/fortutous-out...essons-learned
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I agree with the blog commentary and wish there was more post event activity. I noticed that all the "security" are still pointing at the shooter after he'd been put down instead of turning 180* and ensuring there aren't any additional threats. Once again, as I always say, you have to constantly think +1 (where's their +1, where's your +1) you have to be looking for additional tangos and you have to be aware of where and who your support is.

What I would have liked to see is 2 on the shooter (1 cover and 1 contact), 1-2 rendering aid, and the rest taking command and control of the room (putting them all on the ground), yes everyone. It's for their safety and your control. Everyone running for the doors could have actually been part of the shooters plan to heard everyone into a confined kill zone so you don't want to immediately let everyone stream out of the building until you have control of the structure and have LEO/EMS in the parking lot to secure the perimeter.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

At the onset, you are at contact distance. Even if you arent an MMA fighter wrapping up the gun behind the barrel and falling backward would render the guy unable to shoot you or the congregation. Your buddy can walk up and punch his ticket with a contact shot.

Option two, drive it upward and smash him in the face with it, maintain pressure with off hand draw and make your own contact shot .

that whole polite,professional, have a plan to kill applies to church too.

Im smiling and friendly appearing the vast majority of the time, that doesnt mean I havent already decided what Im going to mash your melon against if things go pearshaped.

Good on the shooter for closing the gap and downing the bad guy.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

I saw an interview with a gentleman from the church. He indicated that many had already noted a false beard and wig, as well as unusual clothing choices and body language. Perhaps an even more proactive perspective could be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by alistar View Post
    I saw an interview with a gentleman from the church. He indicated that many had already noted a false beard and wig, as well as unusual clothing choices and body language. Perhaps an even more proactive perspective could be justified.
    If true this is even more depressing. He should have had a dedicated security person on point behind him IF allowed to stay, and all security team members notified. Normalcy bias and seeming refusal to understand what was happening caused the whole team to get behind the curve. Kudos to the guy who put the shooter down but it’s certainly possible this could have been prevented entirely. Not a welcome message in many places outside this forum, but it is what it is.
    I’ll rewatch again when I can to confirm but he didn’t shoot immediately; the shotgun becoming visible should have been the last in several cues that something was wrong. Literally the NOW!!! signal and the delays lost two good men their lives. Very sad, but lessons in blood generally are. God bless their families.

Watch this interview with the good guy shooter. Everything Gabe said is correct.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ma...peaks/2283899/

Isn't there, in the bible, the story of Joshua marching his men to attack a city where God tells him he has too many men and should send some back to where the rest of the Israelites are waiting?

Joshua has trouble picking/choosing who stays to fight and who gets sent back. God tells him to take his men to the river and have them drink water.

The men who lay down, or bend over and drink like an animal are to be sent back, but the men who cup the water in their hands and drink with their heads upright (and alertly watching around/in front of them) are to stay and attack the city?

Even in the days of swords/clubs/spears there was an advantage to being alert to what was going on around you.

Then, maybe I remember that tale incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by M1A's r Best View Post
    Isn't there, in the bible, the story of Joshua marching his men to attack a city where God tells him he has too many men and should send some back to where the rest of the Israelites are waiting?

Joshua has trouble picking/choosing who stays to fight and who gets sent back. God tells him to take his men to the river and have them drink water.

The men who lay down, or bend over and drink like an animal are to be sent back, but the men who cup the water in their hands and drink with their heads upright (and alertly watching around/in front of them) are to stay and attack the city?

Even in the days of swords/clubs/spears there was an advantage to being alert to what was going on around you.

Then, maybe I remember that tale incorrectly.
    Gideon.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

246. And a wakeup.

Yeah, fake beard and long coat set off "red flags" at door.

He should have been stopped at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Yeah, fake beard and long coat set off "red flags" at door.

He should have been stopped at the door.
    Yes, at about 4:09 in the longer interview at post #6. Thank you.
    Last edited by alistar; 12-30-2019 at 06:55 PM.