Default Terrorism consideration is becoming part of holiday planning from small cities

On a local TV station out of Mobile, AL they were discussing what is now SOP for the local civil authorities just about everywhere.

For New Year's Eve in this Port City these measures include snipers placed in overlooking hidden positions. Large numbers of cameras throughout the city are somehow linked and of course everyone is on high alert. NAS Pensacola its recent terrorist incident is not so far away from Mobile.

Apparently there are more terrorist players now days. Besides the Arabs people from former USSR republics that are Muslims have been responsible for some recent attacks.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Default Terrorism consideration is becoming part of holiday planning from small cities

This is a prime moment for the sheep and snowflakes to caution everyone to stay home and not go out or have social plans, whereas it would be more prudent I think, to simply shrug and just go on with my life.

With my Glock.

My .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

Leaving home without a plan in place is folly. Staying home because one is scared something may happen keeps us trapped in a bubble.

The thought, “oh that doesn’t look safe, better stay home,” doesn’t sound like it would be appropriate, rather, to find some place else to go or something else to do.

You’re right, I’d definitely stay away from large crowded areas that limit sight lines and mobility, but that wouldn’t keep me off the streets or from going anywhere entirely.

Last edited by Christopher Calhoun; 01-03-2020 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Awful grammar
    Chris

Isn't the goal of terrorism, to keep people at home & constantly in fear?
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny C! View Post
    Isn't the goal of terrorism, to keep people at home & constantly in fear?
    Yep.

Chris

I will continue to live my life like I always have. I'm not going to reduce my quality of life out of fear.

This is just like that Mexico vacation thread where fear is preventing people from enjoying life and doing what they want.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

To be honest it is not terrorism that concerns me when I leave home. It is the drugged up irresponsible people driving cars. If I get badly hurt or killed violently, it will most likely be by a motorist that is not driving safely.
    My problem with mexico is that I can not carry my glock there and likely no stand your ground law.
    Stay in the nicer tourist spots over there and you about as safe as you can be in any vacation spot of the world. I would be more worried there about some other things relative to what the staff is serving or how they are cleaning the rooms.
    Violence is not my worry there: Typical things that would worry me there are below and also if my health and auto insurance will work down there. :
    A year after the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel brought to light a suspicious drowning and other troubling accounts from tourists vacationing at upscale all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, the stories continue to surface.
    In one recent case, a 51-year-old mother and her two adult daughters blacked out simultaneously after drinking a shot of tequila. In another, a couple in their mid-60s vomited and blacked out after two margaritas. And in yet another, a woman from Los Angeles — who had not been drinking — was taken to jail for trying to help a woman who was blacking out in the pool.
    Since early July of 2017, the Journal Sentinel has heard from more than 170 travelers describing injuries, illnesses and deaths after drinking alcohol at resorts and in tourist towns in Mexico.
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...nue/733401002/
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez