Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Also of note in the article:

“Perhaps most terrifyingly,” Carlson declares, is that “men seem to be becoming less male.” He reports that sperm counts throughout the West have plummeted some 60 percent since the early 1970s, and that in the last thirty years testosterone levels among men have dropped 30 percent.

Why this massive plunge?

The few scientific investigations of this phenomenon can’t pinpoint the cause. Meanwhile, the media and our government ignore this staggering news.

Wow. It's a mystery. We'll probably never know the answer.

I imagine a future generation will, though, as it claws its way out of the ruins of a once great society. Only time will tell.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Monte,

A large part is due to the chemicals we are constantly exposed to in food, the environment, etc.

And skinny jeans.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

278. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    And skinny jeans.
    ha! Made me laugh out loud.
    "The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
    Jeff Cooper

And Frankenfoods:

"According to James Stangle, a doctor of veterinary medicine in South Dakota, the soy-based Impossible Whopper contains 18 million times more estrogen than the original beef Whopper.

That works out at 44 milligrams of estrogen in the vegan burger compared to just 2.5 nanograms in the original beef Whopper.
    “Just six glasses of soy milk per day has enough estrogen to grow boobs on a male,” wrote Stangle.
    The Post tried to debunk his claims by pointing out that Tri-State Livestock News, where his article was published, is “a trade publication for the livestock industry” and represents cattle ranchers who have “declared war” on Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat, two of the biggest companies behind plant-based meat substitutes.

The science on whether substantial soy consumption feminizes men is still disputed, although given what many soy enthusiasts look and sound like, there appears to be a strong correlation.

A Texas man who complained of sore, enlarged breasts and a decreased libido was later found to have estrogen levels eight times higher than normal, a result explained by his over-consumption of soy milk..."

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/was...-make-men-grow

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    Wow. It's a mystery. We'll probably never know the answer.

I imagine a future generation will, though, as it claws its way out of the ruins of a once great society. Only time will tell.

My POV, having studied the matter for the last three years is that it is based on these factors -

1). Diet. Eating processed foods, inundated with soy, and the consumption of industrialized wheat, and hormone-laden mass market beef, among other things, create in effect a chemical reduction of testosterone. Solution, regardless of whether it fits the "average american on a budget's diet" or not, eat real food, organic food and avoid the shit most Americans eat.

2). Forced Conformity To Feminine Culture. The desire to conform to social mores (and specially most social church environments intended to mimic ladies tea services) and suppress the natural masculinity has created a generation of "men without chests". Argue if you wish but that is my opinion. I doubt Spurgeon, or even CS Lewis, if they showed up in disguise would be welcomed into the modern American church.

3). The Suppression of Aggression. Men are aggressive, they swear, and break things, and fix them, and like fighting. They also like women and pursuing them. Attempting to suppress that in the young and force them to "behave" like girls, added to the problem. Yes, allowing things to run wild is not the answer either. That is where masculine leadership is necessary...not a celibate pedophile priest or sexless smilie-faced pastor, but a good bad ass that leads by example. Young boys will not learn to be young gentlemen from women.

That is my opinion.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Monte,

A large part is due to the chemicals we are constantly exposed to in food, the environment, etc.

Wasn't I recently told that trying to buy better food was a waste for the "average American on a budget"? I guess that average guy will end up with a well below average man junk as a result.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    My POV, having studied the matter for the last three years is that it is based on these factors -

1). Diet. Eating processed foods, inundated with soy, and the consumption of industrialized wheat, and hormone-laden mass market beef, among other things, create in effect a chemical reduction of testosterone. Solution, regardless of whether it fits the "average american on a budget's diet" or not, eat real food, organic food and avoid the shit most Americans eat.

2). Forced Conformity To Feminine Culture. The desire to conform to social mores (and specially most social church environments intended to mimic ladies tea services) and suppress the natural masculinity has created a generation of "men without chests". Argue if you wish but that is my opinion. I doubt Spurgeon, or even CS Lewis, if they showed up in disguise would be welcomed into the modern American church.

3). The Suppression of Aggression. Men are aggressive, they swear, and break things, and fix them, and like fighting. They also like women and pursuing them. Attempting to suppress that in the young and force them to "behave" like girls, added to the problem. Yes, allowing things to run wild is not the answer either. That is where masculine leadership is necessary...not a celibate pedophile priest or sexless smilie-faced pastor, but a good bad ass that leads by example. Young boys will not learn to be young gentlemen from women.

That is my opinion.
    Sounds dead on to me.

My remarks were, of course, sarcastic. Such "mysteries" are rarely all that difficult. Most of the time the answer is right in front of us, but for some reason society creates so much white noise and commotion we become blind. The real challenge is to filter out all the bullshit.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

5 miles in the foothills with a 50lb pack and 10lb rifle, no sling. Snowshoes if needed. 60 PUs & SUs / day. All at age 66.

And the guys who have to catch their breath at the top of the escalator call me the freak???
    anonymity is underrated

Unfair. Unbalanced. Unmedicated.

Newton's Third Law is a motherfucker.

Paying more for quality nutrition, even if the result is less quantity makes sense to me.

Conformity? Being one's self, being independent and an individual has always worked for me. Sure that means having more acquaitances and less real friends, but that's quality trumps quantity again.

Supression of agression? Pointless agression -- agression for its own sake -- yes. That's called self-discipline, Appropriate agression -- no question, solve the problem.