Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reminds me of a wise old saying I learned from my early beginning in law enforcement(N.O.P.D.)mainly from newly promoted/transferred rank,"If it ain't broken,fix it till it is".

Quote Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
    I think that most folks are misunderstanding my question.... Is there anything to be gained by moving the red dot further forward ? Has any body tried this experimentally ?? Yes, I know this would be very impractical.... I ask simply because I'm curious , not trying to replace Gabe's teaching.

To be gained - Nothing
    Has it been tried - yes
    If you know it is impractical, then why even consider it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    If you know it is impractical, then why even consider it.
    Oh....I have ( for years) had the bad habit of considering all sorts of goofy options... Why not ?? It keeps me awake ! ;- ) mike

My thanks to everyone who took the time to reply !!
    Last edited by mike28w; 12-23-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Thousands of drawstrokes, no substitution for putting in the work...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
    Why not ??
    Because it is a waste of time. And either you like wasting your time, or i have been wasting mine for the past ten years.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector539 View Post
    Reminds me of a wise old saying I learned from my early beginning in law enforcement(N.O.P.D.)mainly from newly promoted/transferred rank,"If it ain't broken,fix it till it is".
    I used to hate it when new bosses would make changes just for change's sake.

On the other hand, sometimes things have been broken for years but nobody wants to change it because they are either lazy or because we have always done it that way.

I guess it depends.

--ML

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Because it is a waste of time. And either you like wasting your time, or i have been wasting mine for the past ten years.
    Gabe, this is not meant as a criticism. I'm not insinuating that you have wasted the last 10 years. I was just gathering information.

But I sometimes very much enjoy wasting my time with little mental "projects". As another example, I have often pondered a "new and improved mousetrap". I have imagined new items related to my job ( anesthesia) only to have them introduced 5 years later. It entertains me when I see that. This is a way for me to relax. It is a pleasant distraction for me. mike
    Last edited by mike28w; 12-23-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
    I used to hate it when new bosses would make changes just for change's sake.

--ML
    The best (rolls eyes) is when you've been around long enough to see "the cycle"...

- The traditional standard Method X is flawed so we are introducing an improved Method Y

- Method Y is okay but could be better so here is an updated Method Z

- Method Z did not show the desired effect so we are introducing a brand new, cutting-edge system known as Method X

No worries. I am working on a new shooting position where the arms push and pull and you stand at a 45 degree angle. It will nullify everything else that has come before it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Something that revolutionary, you should call it "The Modern Technique of the Pistol."
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

250. And a wakeup.