Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    For the 30-06 what was wrong with the old 220 grain load. Sure the new bonded bullets should be very good, but for self defense what was wrong with the old 220 grain round nose at close range.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw76 View Post
    And now with the new factory premium bullet loads even the largest bears aren't safe. I would feel comfortable going to the Alaskan interior with. M70 and 200 gr bonded bullets at 2600 fps.

jim
    when you consider that the .303 is responsible for a good number of elephant kills by British hunters I think itís safe to say itís capable of taking on any threat...

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter76 View Post
    when you consider that the .303 is responsible for a good number of elephant kills by British hunters I think it’s safe to say it’s capable of taking on any threat...
    I lurk in an old fart's forum. Someone there made the statement that the .303 has killed more game animals, world-wide, than any other cartridge. Yeah, if you start to think about it, that's probably right...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    I lurk in an old fart's forum. Someone there made the statement that the .303 has killed more game animals, world-wide, than any other cartridge. Yeah, if you start to think about it, that's probably right...
    Probably yes since belgium only had the congo their police and military groups would have likely not used british guns. The french had a lot of africa, but a lot of it is close to the Sahara between north africa and Mediterranean and not so much game. The brits has a lot of prime hunting areas for sure. Then the brits also had India and canada for a while and the french indochina.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez