Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 44

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    .22LR is reliable...if you feed it quality ammunition. Most people buy bulk-pack trash, then whine about misfires.
    yes and no, you will still see these issues if you're running a shit platform, regardless of ammo. Time will tell, and while I expect Glock to have done their homework in order to make a reliable system, i will say that i will also not be surprised if it ends up only being as reliable as a walther P-22, sig mosquito or ruger sr-22, which collectively are not what i would ever consider to be reliable guns.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I had the Sig for my daughter to learn handgun on (age 10). It was good for immediate action drills with standard ammo but ran fine with CCI stingers.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Just came from the Glock booth at SHOT, it's a G19 with a smaller hole in the end, feels nice though
    Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez

War is not moral...fighting of any sort, is not moral. It is about killing the adversary. So here is the rule. Do what you need to do to win...have a ready explanation to justify it according to whatever rules you are supposed to be playing with...work only with people you can trust or work alone...then stick to your story and keep your mouth shut.

Just handled one yesterday at the indoor range/gun store. It is basically a gen 5 19 frame with a plastic locking block instead of the mim locking block. Threaded barrels are now available, I’m impressed, so far. Haven’t shot one but for a $369 price tag I’ll have one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF220 View Post
    Just handled one yesterday at the indoor range/gun store. It is basically a gen 5 19 frame with a plastic locking block instead of the mim locking block. Threaded barrels are now available, I’m impressed, so far. Haven’t shot one but for a $369 price tag I’ll have one soon.
    Will pick mine up tomorrow- and my local shop whom steers me students has them in stock at less than $369. The barrel has an amazing smooth finish on it and it also looks like a 19 hit with shrink ray.

$369! That's a lot better than around here so far. $399 is the best I've seen. But that's a common occurrence in these parts. I've no desire to be first on my block with this.

Also would like to know how the Tactical Solutions .22lr unit is quality wise. As I was kicking around the idea of one of those vs the 44. Reason being for myself for some practice and maybe on moving targets like tree rats.

So I picked up a Glock 44 on Friday.

I ran 200 rounds of CCI mini mags through it with 100% reliability (!!!)

The trigger was crisp. I shot it at 30 and 50 feet on the indoor range. At 50 feet the gun seemed to shoot a little high for me and the group opened up, but that may have been me and not the gun.
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International

Default Glock 44

Advantage Arms kits come with these recommendations. The kitís on my 26 frame. Running through the various brands in my ammo cabinet proved them right. Fairly finicky design.

Also a limitation: NO dry firing. Dummies would be a way around that.

Hopefully, the Glock history of eating most any gunfood is true for the 44.

Last edited by Ted Demosthenes; 01-25-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

I have been using a Advantage Arms on a G17 with a can for repelling four legged boarders without bothering the sleeping neighbors.

I have never had a malfunction, but I do not use shit ammo.

We will get a 44 and put a Holosun on it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Default Glock 44

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

I have never had a malfunction, but I do not use shit ammo.
    To be fair, Iíve had no problems AA kit using the recommed ammo. From what weíre hearing about the 44, Iíll be buying one for your Holosun solution.

Threaded barrels? DAC?
    Last edited by Ted Demosthenes; 01-25-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)