Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 44

Huh, I forgot about the PPK/S. Good point.

Last I had read, these are being made in the U.S.

I'm on the list at a LGS for 2 of these. Some more information has recently came out.

They are not working on a 15 round mag citing that they cannot ensure it would meet their reliability standards, the fact that every semi auto 22 pistol since the inception of the semi auto 22 pistol has used a 10 round magazine leads me to believe them.

Typical development time on a new glock model is a year the model 44 took 3 years and they went through 1.2 million rounds of 22 LR to ensure it would work going as far as buying entire cases of specific 22 ammo then locating another case from a different production lot.

Threaded barrels will be available separately I can live with that when I want it quiet I can have it quiet when I want it exactly the same as a G19 I can.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    Just hope the cost is not outrageous
    According to Davidsonís website, the MSRP will be $430.00
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

I'm just excited about the reliability. Watch james over at tfbtv coverage of it. The basic takeaway is that it'll be as reliable as any glock. That in a 22lr? Yes please. That was always my biggest thing with 22lr is reliability. I'm excited.
    "It's not that life is too short, it's that death is so damn long." unknown
    "People s
    hould not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people" V
    "
    I must study politics and war, that my sons may have the liberty to study mathematics and philosophy, natural history and naval architecture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, tapestry, and porcelain." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Singleton View Post
    FB is a Constant deluge of people that shoot maybe 100 rounds a year saying this is stupid and that they want glock to make rifles and 1911s. They decry the lack of "innovation" but cant come up with a specific innovative feature they would like to see.
    The gun industry...all of it, is the most fickle, disloyal, distracted and niggardly of any industry I have seen. They vociferously demand all manner of innovations only to criticvize them once they are innovated and then refuse to buy because of some silliness or another. Yes..HK hates you because they are fed up with you. I think the G44 is a good idea, although Advantage Arms will likely have a seizure over what will undoubtedly take their market from them. I will buy one and put a Holosun on it and maybe source a threaded barrel for a can.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I will buy one and put a Holosun on it and maybe source a threaded barrel for a can.
    If one knew a capable machinist It would not be difficult to thread the existing barrel and utilize a thread adapter as many of the other slide operated 22s do just a matter of the adapter stem matching the barrel diameter.

Glock currently lists a factory threaded barrel and adapter kit on their website and states that it will be available when the pistols hit the market.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

10 years too late but I'll end up with several. My kids will love them.
    Last edited by HeavySmoke; 12-23-2019 at 05:17 AM.

I'm looking forward to buying a Glock 44 as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Every winter for the last 35 years or so I've done lots of shooting on the indoor range with .22s. These days that mostly involves a G19 frame with a Ciener conversion unit, a G17 frame with an Advantage Arms conversion unit and a S&W AR15-22.

I usually shoot on reduced targets at 50 feet with the handguns.
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International

Quote Originally Posted by borednva View Post
    I'm just excited about the reliability. Watch james over at tfbtv coverage of it. The basic takeaway is that it'll be as reliable as any glock. That in a 22lr? Yes please. That was always my biggest thing with 22lr is reliability. I'm excited.
    As Mr. Suarez pointed out, American gun owners are cheap to the point of stupidity. .22LR is reliable...if you feed it quality ammunition. Most people buy bulk-pack trash, then whine about misfires.