Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Three dots are too many. I prefer a narrow, well-supported blade with tritium donut up front and a wide, deep rear notch with a single tritium dot. Line 'em up and let 'em fly.

Back in the dark ages we used muzzle flash to outline the sights for followup rounds.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:12

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    I have experienced similar situations with very bright night sights being a target indicator. However I do like having night sights, in the event that my pistol doesn't have a red dot optic (something that is pretty rare for me now days) never the less back in the dark ages I would "dim" overly bright sights with some tinted varnish.
    I did the same with a black sharpie. We noticed it too, fortunately it was in a training environment and was fixed immediately. If it's bright to the naked eye, it's really going to show with NODs
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I will add to Gabe's comment. Brent, Gabe, and I did a bunch of work with different night sight setups both with and without NODs, in the dark out at Casa de Suarez where there is little to no light pollution before Gabe went forward with how he set up the SI night sights. we found that a dimmer, single front and single rear, without the big white insert that a lot of companies use was best, especially in conjunction with the RMR as it reduces light splash, visual clutter, target indication of the user, and flare with NODs. That's why the SI sights are designed the way they are.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

The bright, outlined night sights were a (bad) stark contrast to the dim SI sights through the NODs. That was an immediately obvious take-away.

And as I recall, the dual illum model looked great through them.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    ...without the big white insert that a lot of companies use was best...
    One of the reasons (among others) that I switched to Heinie Straight 8s on my VP9, from XS Express Sights—I liked the ease of picking up the front sight (the ring helped), but eventually I figured out that my shooting was inconsistent because the sights kinda suck for anything but close range, where (shocker to anyone who reads on here regularly) one doesn't need sights.

Predictably, switching made a lot of things much smoother.

I know when taking Greg's CQB class, once my eyes adjusted to darkness and/or nods, I lit up like a Christmas tree with various night sights I had on me. SO Glock PDW, primary, secondary, all with various SI NS tend to do that.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016