Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I honestly donít know why anyone would buy bulk defense rounds without even trying them out first. Do yourself a favor and test more then a couple. For me most important is reliability, I donít even care if it shoots that well, anything including ball will group better then you do when bullets are flying past your face. Just saying.....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Ideally you do test stuff before you buy in bulk. But internet specials don’t always last and if it’s a good enough deal, worst case you get decent training ammo.

Price shouldn’t be the driving factor of carry ammo. But a good deal on ammo with a good reputation is not a bad gamble to make.

I have yet to purchase any quality carry ammo from respectable manufacturers that wasn’t reliable. Some is not as accurate, some bullets may not perform as well in flesh, but it’s all been reliable.

And again, even if it’s not, then you have a solid stash of good training ammo. Because there is value to at least occasionally training with carry ammo that is hotter than normal training fodder.

And as long as it’s not trash, more ammo = more better.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Ideally you do test stuff before you buy in bulk. But internet specials don’t always last and if it’s a good enough deal, worst case you get decent training ammo.

Price shouldn’t be the driving factor of carry ammo. But a good deal on ammo with a good reputation is not a bad gamble to make.

I have yet to purchase any quality carry ammo from respectable manufacturers that wasn’t reliable. Some is not as accurate, some bullets may not perform as well in flesh, but it’s all been reliable.

And again, even if it’s not, then you have a solid stash of good training ammo. Because there is value to at least occasionally training with carry ammo that is hotter than normal training fodder.

And as long as it’s not trash, more ammo = more better.
    Plus one on the above.
    Relative to testing, any brand, regardless of the price must be tested that it first of all goes bang and second that it functions your pistol.
    Buying it in bulk gives you enough to test and if it is good plus accurate you have a reliable stash of SD ammo.
    Corbon, that used to be considered top notch for a while was turning ammo with loose bullets and such.

If you life will depend on it, do not go sorely on reputation and pricing. Verify that it goes bang and will function your weapon.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez