Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A bipod? Touches the barrel? What?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

If the gun rests on the bi pod, the fore stock is heavy duty enough not to touch the barrel. I think the last one you had with the choate stock had that happen.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    It does not.
    Cool....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    If the gun rests on the bi pod, the fore stock is heavy duty enough not to touch the barrel. I think the last one you had with the choate stock had that happen.

I don't recall having a Choate stocked bolt gun.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I don't recall having a Choate stocked bolt gun.
    My bad...

The shorter barreled, handy, .308s of the world are where that cartridge really comes into its own. If you want to hit the credit card at 500m, but need to be able to sneak in with something light, this package (specifically with a folding stock) is about as perfect as it gets. This is a kind of modernized, OSS style scout rifle. While I actively wonder at the viability of a bolt gun vs a gas gun in contemporary 2-legged game hunting, for every niche, a tool.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Ive used that chassis system in a couple of rifles and it will not flex. Think of it as a boxed "I" beam aluminum in construction. You would have a easier time flexing the barrel than the chassis (at least in my experience) and would need significant deflection to make the two meet.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    While I actively wonder at the viability of a bolt gun vs a gas gun in contemporary 2-legged game hunting, for every niche, a tool.

Well...I actually took a long look at AR-10 type weapons. I will say that I was not interested in a full length rifle with an 18-20 inch barrel. And I did not want something heavy to carry around. Yeah...I know the "grow stronger" thing but there is also reality of "pounds equals pain" and our late brother Chambers famous, "There is a fine line between hard and retard". .

I could not find a RELIABLE and NOT OVERPRICED, LIGHT WEIGHT 308 PISTOL. Capitalization for emphasis. These abound in 300 BO and 556 but neither caliber has the characteristics of the 308 for this application. Diamondback makes one, but it is heavier and the reliability is in question. POF, and Noveske make one, but weight is alos an issue and really...dealer priced at about $2500? And the IWI Galil and PTR are not only overweight but anachronisms to a bygone age.

The research kept coming back to this weapon. It is not intended for fire superiority, Team tactics, House clearing nor CQB. I see it as a very lightweight and compact sniper rifle with suppressed capability that can be used in urban or rural environments. A sort of modernized Guerrilla Sniper Weapon.
    Gabriel Suarez

And for those interested...we have a couple of them available in the store -

REMINGTON 700-CP
    Gabriel Suarez

I don’t really think there is anything more dangerous in a guerrilla environment. Imagine how dangerous a skilled person could be running that rig fully suppressed(suppressor + subsonic ammo). Even at the 100-400 yard envelope.... I have always wanted something like that....