Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sling for Scorpion Micro

Hey guys,

It has been a while, just been super busy with work at the FD and home.

I bought a Scorpion Micro (the one without the fake suppressor) I have changed out the trigger, charging handle, and grip. I am now debating if I want to add a sling and if so what sling. I plan on concealing it in a bag and I wonder if a sling would just get hung up. I also thought it might be good to be able to have hands free if I need it. I would like to hear thoughts on sling no sling. If so what sling would you recommend?

Thanks
    Martin
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

On some of my smaller guns with slings, Iíve used that neomag sentry strap and have loved it for keeping the sling nice and tight and out of the way until i want it. Something worth looking in to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big o rings, rubber bands, slivers of inner tube (ranger bands I think?), Or Velcro cable wraps (for organizing computer cables) would all work for managing the sling until it is needed. All of those options will tear away when the sling is needed.

I never thought about the velcro rolls. I have several of those.

Now I need to figure out which sling and two point or single. All my others are two point, but this is the smallest.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Big o rings, rubber bands, slivers of inner tube (ranger bands I think?), Or Velcro cable wraps (for organizing computer cables) would all work for managing the sling until it is needed. All of those options will tear away when the sling is needed.
    I agree. I would suggest a sling with QDs, rolled up in the bottom of the bag with large rubber bands or oversized inner tube bands, ready to attach if and when when you need it.

Still building up an impressive collection I see!
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Grey Ghost has a very lightweight sling that would be good for this application. Weighs nothing, folds up small, and is adjustable.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Iíve got 1/8Ē shock cord woven through the hand guards on my ARs. On the Scorpion, I added the shock cord to the brace, due to limited rail space. I pull the slack out of the sling and tuck it under the cord. That keeps it sleek enough to not get in the way in a bag, but it deploys instantly with a simple tug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Virtute et Armis

Do you plan to use the quick-release?
    IMG_1857.jpg

Ken, My Scorpion has the folding stock vs the collapsible, so no QD spot. I do have the two areas on the receiver.

Law, That is good information.

Steve, Thanks. We need to go shooting again.

Brent, I looked up that sling and currently they are sold out. I will keep my eyes open to see if they come back.

Thank you gentlemen