Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shooting at GA fast food restaurant

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-b...ect-gun-battle

So bad gun jumps counter aims gun at employees demanding cash- and a number 4 to go.
    A delivery driver dropping off bread bears the commotion and gets his gun and goes in to help- short gun fight ensues bad guy shot twice, flees From restaurant and goes to a home and takes hostages/ doesnít mention if itís his home or home of family or friends or a total stranger.
    Gives himself up before SWAT arrives.

Couple things here- bad guy hit twice and flees and then enters another location- so heís still in the fight still
    capable of causing injury or death- we donít know from the link where exactly he was hit but Iím betting he would not have fled the scene if heíd been shot in the face by delivery driver. Not criticizing him at all just another reminder that the fight isnít over till itís absolutely over, and bad guy with two hits on him can and will still kill you or someone else or flee and take hostages down the road, again not faulting delivery man- maybe he didnít have a shot as robber fled maybe he was out of ammo, maybe he was afraid of legal fallout shooting a still armed bad guy while he was attempting to get away.
    I will bet that what ever gun in whatever caliber and how ever much ammo it held it sure didnít seem enough to him when he had to use it.

Reminds me about another incident while I was stationed in Jacksonville NC. A man broke into a home and was shot twice - chest and abdomen- guess home owner thought he was dead or out of the fight- the bad guy then shoots home owner fatally- leaves the home shoots someone else fatally and steals their car- drives at high speed until heís out of blood and crashed stolen car and kills another driver- point is fight isnít over until itís over and whom ever lost is 100% dead/disabled as certified by the Mayor and grand master of the lollipop guild!
    Works both ways being shot and being in a bad way does not mean we have lost or the fight is over.

Sounds like a great proactive gunfight improperly taken advantage of...coupled with poor marksmanship and ammo choices.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Sounds like a great proactive gunfight improperly taken advantage of...coupled with poor marksmanship and ammo choices.
    That's what I was thinking.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    And once again you summed it up in far fewer words than I could; sounds like he had the drop on he guy- or at least the element of surprise; we don’t know from the story but I sure hope he didn’t yell “drop it” before he engaged .

Maybe the guy will see the need to keep guns on at all time plus get some training. Atleast he didn’t cower at the sight of a gun, and maybe he stopped the guy from hurting anyone in that location.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Maybe the guy will see the need to keep guns on at all time plus get some training. Atleast he didn’t cower at the sight of a gun, and maybe he stopped the guy from hurting anyone in that location.
    The double tap, is good for such things as 3 assailants. But for single assailants, you lock on, and fire till they drop! Take cover, watch for any further threat. Call 911, ask first for medical help! For the shot individual. When Police arrive, great them with hands on head. Comply to commands, if you are able. Pistol re-holstered.
    Stay Safe.

Mike.

Sounds like a normal day in ATL.
    Paul

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    Sounds like a normal day in ATL.
    Hey that's not right! Oh, never mind.
    God, Guns and Guts made America free. Lets keep all three.
    Proud GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    The double tap, is good for such things as 3 assailants. But for single assailants, you lock on, and fire till they drop! Take cover, watch for any further threat. Call 911, ask first for medical help! For the shot individual. When Police arrive, great them with hands on head. Comply to commands, if you are able. Pistol re-holstered.
    Double taps/controlled pairs were taught back in the day because they are easy to score, not because they're effective. I have a sub 4 second El Presidente but I'm not going to stand toe to toe with multiple assailants and shoot it out.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Greg. Did numerus tests fireing on three IPSC targets, 2M apart. Moving. Single shots had misses, rushing? Double taps, not so much.
    My latest firearm purchase, Glock 43X the ten round magazine model, with a nickle type of slide finish. Very fast out of the holster.
    Came with Ameriglo night sights. In normal light, the red circle stands out great on the front sight.
    Quite the change from my Gen 4 Glock 19. With Truglo night sights. So easy to carry re weight! Old guy dont you know.
    Stay Safe.

Mike.