Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shotgun ammo

I was thinking maybe we should just start training blue guns only and that way we won’t even have to worry about “clips and bullets”... Or maybe we can just all meet up on call of duty and you know train like for reals...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    What exactly is meant by “patterns better”? Tighter? Looser? More consistent?
    More consistent and a slower spread. I patterned my shotgun at 40 yards and had 75 percent inside a 24 inch circle using number one. Just to see what happened I tried the full choke and the pattern actually increased. Too much choke for the size shot causing deformation is my guess. Number four held a good pattern but my experience in hunting showed that it is just too light a pellet and doesn’t penetrate well at distance. I started this thread after watching the recently posted video showing buck to slug transition. My thought is I load my shotgun with my preferred buckshot load and do not ever load slugs. My most likely max distance I could engage inside my house is 25 feet. No shotgun load regardless of choke or lack there of is going to spread much at that distance. So I run my gun as I would outdoors.

Ok...it doesnt matter either way.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    My 1301T is currently loaded with FC#1 and I'm very comfortable with it doing its job if called upon.
    That said, I picked up some FC 8 pellet OO and as soon as I have a chance I will pattern test it. If it holds tighter patterns than the #1 I will switch over. I am most interested in keeping all the lead on the target as far out as possible.
    I get the impression that of all the ammunition types in existence the 12g gets the least testing by manufacturers in regards to maximizing its self defense potential.
    Why? Because LE and Military groups don't ask for anything better. The 12g has gone out of style and the people who do still use it just load up 00 Buck and roll with it, because that's what they've always done... "It works good enough" instead of "Could it be even better?".
    Just my opinion and subject to being wrong.
    Where did you get FC #1?

I'd love to compare patterns at various distances between FC 00 and FC #1, but I've never seen FC #1 on the shelf or in stock online. It appears that what little is made goes to agency purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by khadga View Post
    Where did you get FC #1?

I'd love to compare patterns at various distances between FC 00 and FC #1, but I've never seen FC #1 on the shelf or in stock online. It appears that what little is made goes to agency purchases.
    It gets released ever so often and goes very quickly... I bought 100 rds from a friend who had them laying around. There's a rumor that Federal is currently re-engineering the FC#1 to perform better and that's why it hasn't been released in a while... But that's just an internet rumor.

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by khadga View Post
    Where did you get FC #1?

SG Ammo sold it by the case when they had it in stock. It can be hard to find.