Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CZ 75 mods for everyday carry

What are people’s thoughts on a cz75, as well as viability for everyday carry. I would probably go all steel frame/slide because I have plans for it if I get one. Just let me know what you think.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

If you want gun for range sports go for CZ 75 Shadow. They are great. If you want something for killing there are far much better choices.

Kind regards from homeland of CZ :)

A carry a CZ every day. It's a P07, but I have carried a CZ75 Compact or a P01 Omega for long periods (and may go back to the either one at some point).

For me to carry a pistol it has to show me it is reliable and accurate and it needs to fit my hand/feel good in my hand.

None of mine are decocker pistols. All have safeties.

My "every CZ pistol mod" is a good set of night sights.

Every metal framed CZ I own has the factory soft rubber grips on them. Tried skate board tape early on. After buying one with the newer soft rubber grips I bought more of these for the older guns and took the skateboard tape off.

Extra magazines in higher capacity than the factory magazines (Compacts use 18 and 19 round back up mags, full size get the 19 round magazines). Mecgar is the only brand I've bought.

The oft heard complaint of excessive reset to trigger release is a non-issue to me. My finger and mind do that for me without me thinking about it, just like it does when shooting a rifle.

If you really, really, really want an awesome trigger pull you can buy and aftermarket hammer. I've bought from CGW for a couple of pistols. One had a really bad/nasty/draggy SA trigger pull from the factory (worst I've ever felt on a CZ) and I felt I had to do something.

If you get one that is lacking in the accuracy department CGW makes a "match" barrel bushing. I've only felt the need to install a couple of those so far.

You can really smooth up the DA trigger pull (people say, I don't really use DA as I carry mine cocked and locked) with polishing of internal parts and aftermarket parts.

Funny, but I will say I prefer the feel of the P01 grip over the other metal framed CZ pistols. The only difference is those vertical grooves that run up/down the front and back of the grip frame, but I feel those. When I pick up a P01 my hand feels it and relays that "good" feeling to my mind and I eventually realize that it just feels better. Like I said, kind of funny, but I just like it.

A lot of people don't like them, but when I buy a CZ without a lanyard loop/ring I order one from CZ USA and install it. I don't normally use a lanyard, but I want the option to be available if I decide to carry that pistol while ATV riding or kayaking, or what ever.

If you do a lot of dry firing buy some snap caps or a small o-ring to temporarily insert at the rear of the slide to cushion the hammer strike. On some pistols people report failure of the firing pin retaining pin within a few thousand hammer strikers (dry or live or a combination). Others report their CZ's going 20 to 30 thousand rounds with no failure of the pin. CGW makes a stronger firing pin retaining pin to replace the factory pin if you feel the need.

There are models of CZ75's that do not use a firing pin retaining pin. They use a firing pin retaining block, sort of like a 1911. Those are usually more expensive than the run of the mill CZ75B or CZ75BD type pistols.

If you buy a CZ there's a CZ Forum out there where the members are ready to give advice, steer you on trouble shooting, modifications/vendors, etc.

Good luck with whatever model you buy.

I've read that 226 mags can be used in the P07 as currently manufactured.

How tough is it to manually decock the safety guns?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

239. And a wakeup.

I carry a CZ every day. Some days a CZ 75 Compact. The other days a CZ P10C. Both of them had tours at Cajun Gun Works. The only other mods I have on the 75 are G10 grips and night sights. As M1A said I carry a back up large capacity mag. I have shot 100's if not 1000's of rounds through both without any problems. I am fairly accurate with both but to be honest the pistols are better than I am. Regards. Jack

I used a C75 when I worked in Check Republic. I prefer that to all other CZ offerings. If I am going Polymer, I will go Glock. I do not care for the P07 or P09...the P10 doesn't do anything better than Glock and the Poly CZ 75 clones are also not my choice. The CZ 75 fits the hand better than anything I have seen.

I would opt for the DA/SA version with a safety and NOT a decocker. That way you can carry either way depending on your needs. I would get the beavertail reshaped, and the silly trigger hook removed. Stipple or checker the front strap and do a trigger job on the thing. Cajun is probably the best place although I have heard CZ Customs does a very good job as well and they are in AZ.

Get a set of serrated sights with tritium...something like Heines maybe...without those stupid white circles around the dots. Then refinish the thing in either NP3 or something similar...or just bead blast and blue. The finish from the factory is very poorly done...like AK paint. Oh...and grips from VZ in G10 are mandatory. That and get plenty of magazines.

I was going to get into the CZ market but there are far too few guns to really make a solid profit IMHO.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Adding...a few years ago I was going to buy a new pistol to get back to traditional DA/SA. And to have a high end "cocktail party - black tie" pistol (we use Glocks for BBQs here in AZ). After much consideration, I dropped the CZ idea and went SIG P-226 & P229 instead.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I was thinking either hi power or full size cz. Good thing about the cz is it is still in production. Idk, just a thought... Sigs are cool too, I’m just thinking that I like the single action and safety. Plus the full size are so damn comfortable.

I recently got a CZ-75BD. I like it, and it currently serves as my house shorts gun. I'd like the trigger to be smoother, so I'm looking at CGW.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016