Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: On Recovery

Glad to hear you are getting better my friend.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Thanks. Hang in there, brother. Meet for lunch when you can handle it.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Happy to hear things are improving.

I totally understand the frustration. I had it towards the end of 2020 and while I have certainly had worse flu (covid sucked but I wasn’t MISERABLE), the recovery time was daunting for me. The fatigue was incredible, and while I was only sick for a couple weeks, it was a good three months before I started to feel HEALTHY. I took a couple weeks being lazy and just resting, but after that I forced myself to do SOMETHING physical every day. It was challenging when even washing dishes would knock me on my ass but I made myself keep active as I could.

I was already taking Vit C & D, probably could have done higher doses. I started NAC after a few weeks and I think that helped. I know my recovery picked up speed after I stated taking it.

The slow recovery is maddening.

Funny thing to me is that of the people I know who have had it, I am healthier/more fit than most. There are a few, like Papa, that I know are fit, but most are middle of the road health wise. I seem to have had a harder time with it than most folks I know. I do think it has a lot to do with living where there’s not enough Vit D from the sun. But who the hell knows with the kung flu.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    ...The slow recovery is maddening.

Funny thing to me is that of the people I know who have had it, I am healthier/more fit than most. I seem to have had a harder time with it than most folks I know. I do think it has a lot to do with living where there’s not enough Vit D from the sun. But who the hell knows with the kung flu.
    The psychological impact is greater for those who are fit and physically active, and not just schlepping around from couch to easy chair in their meat sack. You know what you're capable of and what you should be able to do but the energy is not there even if the will is strong. It's a good time to forget about the numbers--minutes,reps or weights--and literally go through the motions with attention to form if nothing else.

And allow more time for recovery. They're calling it "long COVID" and for once there's good reason.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20