Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

I honestly don't want to invest 15 minutes of my day to Mr. Hackathorn. Can you synopsize this for me? IMHO, people are getting fat, lazy, and stupid. They only care about easy, brainless, and cheap. So I predict guns will be made for them. There will always a market for guns for the high end devotees, like customized Glocks and 1911s, Sig legacy guns, etc. But the future is not for the over achievers...in guns, or in anything else. I could be totally wrong.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I honestly don't want to invest 15 minutes of my day to Mr. Hackathorn. Can you synopsize this for me? IMHO, people are getting fat, lazy, and stupid. They only care about easy, brainless, and cheap. So I predict guns will be made for them. There will always a market for guns for the high end devotees, like customized Glocks and 1911s, Sig legacy guns, etc. But the future is not for the over achievers...in guns, or in anything else. I could be totally wrong.

He predicts the future is one of "polymer 9mm's and red dot sights," but that "we're not there yet" and won't be there for some time. That RDS pistols are currently only viable as competition guns, and that he just shakes his head whenever someone says their EDC is RDS-equipped.

Of course, he also acknowledges that he was wrong when he predicted in the 80's that the Glock pistol had no future.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Perhaps I should have posted this in the Humor thread...
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Everyone has their opinions -- including him. But, as he found out, only time will tell.

Generally speaking he's probably right.
    As in, what the average gun owner, is and will do.
    I've never once felt the tone of SI has anything to do with being average.....

I'll admit I was very slow to the red dot pistol thing. Thought it was a gimmick. But, Gabe said something in a post a few years back and clicked. Paraphrased he said something to the tune of "train for the hardest enemy to kill, and the rest will be easy. That enemy is the active shooter with a rifle wearing body armor."

The collective "We" Mr. Hackathorn speaks of is not the group I want to be associated with.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”