Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I finally installed the SI supplied upgrade components onto my P226 Legion: Hogue G10 Piranha grips, SilencerCo threaded barrel, and SI single-tritium front and rear sights. These simple to add items (upon getting a new sight pusher tool) make the pistol perform better than the original.

20200116_171205.jpg

20200116_171437.jpg

If SI can transform a humble Glock into a wonderful machine, I can only imagine what the future holds for my Sigs.

20200116_172121.jpg
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    So on that note...nithing will happen for Sig this year...but in 2020...yes.
    Anything new on this front?
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    Umm... it's 2020...

Don't want this idea to wither on the vine.
    What he said.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

We had to move some things around in production. Trust me...I would love nothing more than to bring the 226/229 out and carry it. Glock still rules the market and until it gets Bubbaized to death by the garage-self-shooting world, it must remain my focus. But what I want to do for the SIG is to bring a comp for it, an RMR cut, and a few internals.

Alas, what I do I do for profit. If there is no profit I don't care how cool it is, I move away from it. Look at the AR market. Only guys making the components themselves are making any $$$ in the AR world. I can assemble an AR with even mediocre parts for what they sell these days from Ruger and others.

We look at many "boy wouldn't this be cool" stuff, but at the end of the day, cool doesn't keep the lights on...Glock shit keeps the lights on...at least for the time being. I am not forgetting the SIG, but reality is that more profitable items get moved ahead of it in line. Sorry...that is the honest answer.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

We had to move some things around in production. Trust me...I would love nothing more than to bring the 226/229 out and carry it. Glock still rules the market and until it gets Bubbaized to death by the garage-self-shooting world, it must remain my focus. But what I want to do for the SIG is to bring a comp for it, an RMR cut, and a few internals.

Alas, what I do I do for profit. If there is no profit I don't care how cool it is, I move away from it. Look at the AR market. Only guys making the components themselves are making any $$$ in the AR world. I can assemble an AR with even mediocre parts for what they sell these days from Ruger and others.

We look at many "boy wouldn't this be cool" stuff, but at the end of the day, cool doesn't keep the lights on...Glock shit keeps the lights on...at least for the time being. I am not forgetting the SIG, but reality is that more profitable items get moved ahead of it in line. Sorry...that is the honest answer.
    Understood. Speaking for myself only, I have one, maybe two Sigs that I want SI-Optimized. I know there are others here, too, but I don't know if there are enough of us to make the juice worth the squeeze for you. Are you considering any projected Sig timeline right now, or are we on an indefinite hold?
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

I need to catch up on Glock first. We have a new slide coming out, and likely a G48 slide as well. And then a bunch of micro-products as well. And then some Tac-13 stuff too.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I have to wonder if a subscription model might not work best for this sort of thing. Get a set number of prepaid orders together before doing anything.

With Glocks and ARs, in particular, and 1911s to a lesser degree, there is a "Legos for grown-ups" mentality that impedes making a quality product. Too many people want to buy an entry-level gun (or pieces) and clap it together themselves...whether or not they have the skills to do so.
    Last edited by Mike OTDP; 02-26-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Gotcha. We'll take what we can get. A slide-matching comp would be cool, but there's always the Dark Alley.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

I love the trigger kit you used to make.

The comp idea would be awesome. I would personally be worried about finding a holster for it but I would get one for my 226.

When I take my 226 to the range here there is always a comment. Being in sig's backyard there are many purists that hate that I have a sig with an rmr cut. I've given up trying to explain it to them. They can keep getting their romeos replaced under warranty.

The sig aftermarket is very small, glock is the cash cow and probably will always be.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not enough Sig pics around here lately. Here are three of mine, practicing their version of social distancing...

Sig Trio.jpg
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife