Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Just the trigger or trigger and trigger bar? Thoughts on it compared to either the factory Short trigger or mid?
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI

Just received my slide back from ATEi. I had to wait on sending it out until SI got their Sig sights back in stock, last July. This thing is perfect for me. I shoot my Glocks and M&P's just fine but this P229 just feels so right in my hands and like most Sigs shoots like a lazer.
    Parts break down: Gray Guns ELS trigger system and SRT with the Super Strut from the Sig Armorer. Great system for a drop in system. Double action <8 pounds and single <4 pounds. The double action is as smooth as can be and the single, while not a 1911 probably as close as you will get. Legion controls, since I could not keep my fat thumb off the slide release. Hogue G10 Chainlink grips. Since it started as a 40S&W I have a 357 Sig barrel and a BarSto 9mm conversion barrel for it. Being the bigger mag well frame it can run the newer 229-1 mags, so 15 rounds of 9mm, just like my 19. Once I have some more rounds down range with this slide it will become my EDC.
    Here is the mandatory pic.
    100_2139.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Just the trigger or trigger and trigger bar? Thoughts on it compared to either the factory Short trigger or mid?
    Just the trigger. It's what came with my legion and I was looking to replicate that. It's marginally better then stock and the overtravel adjustment is nice. With that, the srt and the 19lbs mainspring, the trigger feels pretty nice.

I still want to try a short reach trigger and e2 grips just to see if I like them.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Abortion is sacrificing your child on the alter of convenience....Adrian Rogers
    Soli Deo Gloria

A question for the Sig guys...

My wife wants a Sig with the following characteristics:

SA/DA trigger (as opposed to striker fire or DAO)
    Manual safety
    Millable for an RMR
    “G19” mid-size

any such model?
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

I'm not aware of a 229 that also has an external safety. Maybe there's an obscure model or aftermarket mod but none I know of.

With a DA/SA, the long DA pull IS the safety.

I was training with Papa last week and he had a Sig 320 that had a manual safety installed. It was roughly G19 sized. He'll have to comment because I'm not familiar with it.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Thanks Brent.

For some reason she is determined to have a manual safety.
    Maybe I could get a Cominolli put on a Glock and tell her it’s a Sig. Does Josh do engraving? LOL
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

DA pistols with a manual safety...

There’s the Makarov. And some variants of the Beretta 92. I wouldn’t recommend either for what you’re looking for. I’m sure something else out there exists but can’t think of anything offhand.

Can always get a CZ P07, but with a safety it is SA.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    Thanks Brent.

For some reason she is determined to have a manual safety.
    Maybe I could get a Cominolli put on a Glock and tell her itís a Sig. Does Josh do engraving? LOL
    If all of those features are necessary, you won't find a Sig to meet her requirements.

The only modern pistol that does meet her list is the Beretta 92X Compact. If she is willing to go up in size, the Beretta 92 & 92X will fit, as well as HK P30 and HK USP.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

DogDoc,

The USP compact fits the bill, but the safety may be hard to reach with a small hand.

Have you been able to hone in on why exactly she feels she needs an additional external safety?
    God may look out for children and fools, but He favors the prepared.