Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Results 131 to 140 of 140
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    298
    Good stuff their Papa!

    Like I was telling you I need to pick up a 229 again. The one I had was in 40. If you were buying a 229 and there was one 9 and one 40 both same price, which would you choose?

    At one point I only had one 1943 9mm pistol, now I have quite a few since I have switched to 9mm as my defensive round.

    Thanks
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,994
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg0811 View Post
    Good stuff their Papa!

    Like I was telling you I need to pick up a 229 again. The one I had was in 40. If you were buying a 229 and there was one 9 and one 40 both same price, which would you choose?

    Thanks
    You ever notice that there's never a simple answer where SIGs are concerned?
    I like options, I'd buy the .40, unless the 9mm takes 229-1 magazines:
    229-1mag.jpg
    in which case I'd go with the 9mm. The wider mag well takes all 228, 229 and 226 mags and, in my experience, creates no feeding issues with the narrower mags. But you can't cram a .40 229 mag into the narrower well, unless it's one of the early production variants. The wide well allows for a painless conversion among the three calibers, given the correct upper and locking insert.
    Last edited by Papa; 07-21-2021 at 07:14 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

    Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

    "...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

    "What cannot be remedied must be endured."

    Vale et omnia quae.

    P:20

  3. #133
    My P365X and P365XL.

    P365XGrey_s.jpg P365XLSentinel_s.jpg

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,707
    The P365XL is a lot of pistol in a little package...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

    TWOTU Since March 2012

    DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife


  5. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manistee MI
    Posts
    1,432
    Added an rmr20210823_164321~2.jpg

    Soli Deo Gloria
    Abortion is sacrificing your child on the alter of convenience....Adrian Rogers
    Soli Deo Gloria

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sparks, NV
    Posts
    234
    Here's pictures on my P226, P229SAS 9mm, P229 .40, P320, SP2022 9mm & P250sc 9mm

    Have 4 others, a P938 extreme, P365xl, 1911 Campaign Series and a 1911 C3.

    IMG_20211016_083042641.jpg

    IMG_20211016_083106098.jpg
    Last edited by USN-PO2; 10-16-2021 at 08:41 AM.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by USN-PO2 View Post
    Here's pictures on my P226, P229SAS 9mm, P229 .40, P320, SP2022 9mm & P250sc 9mm

    Have 4 others, a P938 extreme, P365xl, 1911 Campaign Series and a 1911 C3.
    Very nice collection, Brother! Very nice, indeed.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    740
    I acquired spare slides for Sig P226 and P229, sent them to a machinist for RMR milling.

    They were shipped just before we took a road trip, so I had to delay putting them through the paces. Besides looking great, these Sigs shoot great.

    My RMR Glocks are my daily carry, so they aren't going anywhere. Adding RMR to the Sigs is a major enhancement. Only time will tell which system will win.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Lee

    You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

    Psalm 76:7-9

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Popshot View Post
    I acquired spare slides for Sig P226 and P229, sent them to a machinist for RMR milling.

    They were shipped just before we took a road trip, so I had to delay putting them through the paces. Besides looking great, these Sigs shoot great.

    My RMR Glocks are my daily carry, so they aren't going anywhere. Adding RMR to the Sigs is a major enhancement. Only time will tell which system will win.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Very nice. More pix!
    Warrior for the working day.

    Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

    "...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

    "What cannot be remedied must be endured."

    Vale et omnia quae.

    P:20

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    740
    The P229 Legion slide on an M11A1 frame. Perhaps the colors are OK, but the no rail frame makes a nice package.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Lee

    You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

    Psalm 76:7-9

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •