Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anytime one can end an addiction, it's a good thing.

Congratulations!

I chewed for 20 years before quitting cold turkey 9 years ago, and have zero regrets (healthier gums, less reflux, etc). Meanest monkey I’ve ever had to beat off my back.

Not gonna lie though, I want a dip of Copenhagen as bad today as I did nine years ago.

You’re well on your way past the hard part- Congratulations on your decision, stay strong!

Be humble of character, warm of heart and kind. You will know when it's time to flip the switch and unleash the beast.

CAUTION: You can't fix stupid.....

Thanks everyone, still off the dip, gums are definitely starting to feel better! I think if I can go 6 months, I will treat myself to a new compact or subcompact CZ.
    If one doesn´t have a pure heart, heaven will never permit any pleasurable times.

Well done.

Nothing works like rewards-based learning.

'Less it's fear and nausea. Whoa!
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

183. And a wakeup.

Just one mans experience.

I quit smoking cold turkey about 15 years ago. At that time I was going through a pack of lucky strikes (filterless) in a 12 hour shift. Two things that helped were sunflower seeds (still in shell) so for the first month I was on a bag a day habit of those lol. Second thing was when i hit four months I bought a pack of luckys and chained 4 in a row.

The only time ive felt sicker was when i accidentally swallowed the cut off my great grandfathers plug of chew, that he gave me when I was about eight (which is what gave me the idea in the first place).

From that point on ZERO desire to have a cigarette. Folks can smoke them around me and it doesnt bother me. It doesnt affect the occassional cigar I have at choir practice or a the deer camp. I havent looked back since then.

I dont know if swallowing dip would have the same effect of not.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

I quit smoking years ago and havent dipped in years

Ive found with both there is the physical habit that lasts longer then the chemical part.

Sunflower seeds may help with the mouth habit.

7M3

Whatever youre doing today to not dio, keep doing it. Take it one day at a time. Your just not gonna partake in tobacco today.

I smoked for 18 years, 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day. I quit 27 years ago. Now, even the smell of it makes me sick.

Get your teeth cleaned. Drink lots of water. Eat fresh veggies. Avoid sugar, and alcohol.

My reward, once I knew I had really quit, was a 21 speed bicycle. I wanted something that would help the heart and lungs get healthy.

Never go back.
    And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Steven Spaugh

Good luck. I quit 5 years ago and think about having a lip of Kodak every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    I dont know if swallowing dip would have the same effect of not.
    Not me, I gut it most of the time anyway.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities