Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extended tangs make thumb cocking more difficult.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Surprising. My experience is that extended tangs get in the way. Any hammer bite?
    I have yet to fire it. Once proper firing grip is achieved, it is comfortable in hand.
    FWIW, i get slide bite from my G29 without the beavertail option installed.
    I installed 17 and 19# mainsprings in the mk25s and took them to the range. Not a single light strike with tula, cci blazer, freedom munitions or S&B. The 17# with a GGI flat trigger is 8-9# DA pull depending on what angle you pull the scale.

Thumb cocking may be slower, but Im assuming that if Im thumb cocking, I have an extra second or two. I grew up shooting revolvers then 7 years s with a heavy DAO beretta 96, so a 8-10# DA pull is a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsavik View Post
    I have yet to fire it. Once proper firing grip is achieved, it is comfortable in hand.
    FWIW, i get slide bite from my G29 without the beavertail option installed.
    I installed 17 and 19# mainsprings in the mk25s and took them to the range. Not a single light strike with tula, cci blazer, freedom munitions or S&B. The 17# with a GGI flat trigger is 8-9# DA pull depending on what angle you pull the scale.

Thumb cocking may be slower, but I’m assuming that if I’m thumb cocking, I have an extra second or two. I grew up shooting revolvers then 7 years s with a heavy DAO beretta 96, so a 8-10# DA pull is a non issue.

Look at my videos on DA/SA. Taking an eyeball shot at a terrorist standing next to your wife at 15 yards will be easier with SA than DA...no matter how much you think its a non-issue.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Look at my videos on DA/SA. Taking an eyeball shot at a terrorist standing next to your wife at 15 yards will be easier with SA than DA...no matter how much you think its a non-issue.
    Yep, we used to shoot the FBI pistol qualification each year with the 92F, and every time I picked up the pistol the hammer was thumbed back. If you have the time, take the time.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities