Thread: Berettas Apx

Default Berettas Apx

Afternoon ladies and gents- had a lady in a weekend class who was running the Apx, did not my self care for the Tiffany blue color but I did appreciate the grip sights and what in my humble opinion was a fine trigger- every bit as nice as this new Sig 365 I’m ringing out after listening to my brother and best friend blather on about how sweet they are.
    Anyhow - not calling it nor believe the new offering from the fine Italian maker to be a “game changer” nor do I know if I believe the advertising hype of it being the most well crafted , studied, researched fighting pistol of all human history but with an attractive MSRP and the above mentioned good features and 3 17 round mags I would like to hear of some accounts of one or two being run hard before I acquire one.
    A quick look through this thread I only found this particular pistol mentioned in passing any of you have first hand working knowledge of them? Thank you in advance!

I’d rather have an engraved 1911...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

The APX is like the Steyr and the VP9, and rest of the plethora of Glock copycats. They will have a small following, but they will never do anything more than be a passing blip in the pantheon of Glock challengers. Seriously...we have seen none in classes. There is no market support. Beretta does not offer spare parts or anything. Magazines are expensive, etc. Believe me if I thought ANY of these pistols were going to amount to anything we would be involved with them. Nope...going nowhere.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I’d rather have an engraved 1911...
    Yes sir me as well; then I would have a pair - and use them for their intended purpose- for to wear at fancy gatherings like the National coon dog trials or our huge family reunion/ Bar B Que cook off!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The APX is like the Steyr and the VP9, and rest of the plethora of Glock copycats. They will have a small following, but they will never do anything more than be a passing blip in the pantheon of Glock challengers. Seriously...we have seen none in classes. There is no market support. Beretta does not offer spare parts or anything. Magazines are expensive, etc. Believe me if I thought ANY of these pistols were going to amount to anything we would be involved with them. Nope...going nowhere.
    Thank ya oh for taking time to reply- and I agree that these new knock offs cant and won’t unseat the king. But there is nothing wrong with another flavor in the battery; especially if on subjective things like grip and sights one finds something pleasing. I came to Glock late in life- being a 1911 guy with a dalliance with CZ’s along the way. Except one special 1911 the other flavors are all gone now as my Glock stable grows but I must admit to recently hankering for something else to play with. And I’d reasoned that this Apx wasn’t the second coming as they’ve been in the market for a while and then his is the first example I’ve seen in the he wild.

Out of curiosity I bought a APX Centurion off GunBroker a couple of weeks ago. I was the only bidder (which is perhaps what some would call a clue), so I got if for a good price. It's roughly the same size as a G19, but the slide is quite a bit clunkier. Ergonomics seem excellent to my hand. Front and backstrap checkering is quite aggressive. I really like the gun, but it doesn't do anything better than the Glock, and as Gabe pointed out, Glock has an extensive aftermarket. If you have to choose, get a Glock. If you have a bunch of Glocks, then there's no compelling reason not to pick up an APX (or a VP9 or M&P or P10 or...).

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    "Consequence outweighs probability." - Blaise Pascal