Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Caught it right as I’m trying to get my dip out of my top lip. Lol

I’ll write a good review at the airport tomorrow. Thanks to Jon and everyone else in attendance. Great class.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

I will add my .02

Myself and three of my friends attended the AK shoot in Katy Tx last weekend.
    I felt like every one of us in my group had our skill levels improve.

In the class, our skill levels varied greatly from prior military to civilians who had taken various classes in the past.
    There were several returning Suarez alumni in attendance.
    We all had an excellent time.

Jon is an excellent instructor.
    He lays out the course in a clear and direct manner.
    Jon goes over the how and also the why of the way the course is taught.
    More thane once when we put it all together in a drill, I had my “Ah ha!” Moment.

To wrap,

Even if you only have a mild interest in the AK platform I highly recommend attending this class.
    This was an awesome experience.
    I’m looking forward to more training with Jon and the Suarez team.

And to get the most out of your training...

Zero your rifle/red dot BEFORE the class. (Please)

Any mechanical fasteners on your weapon MUST have at least blue Lock title on them. (Ask me how I know)

A back up weapon is a good idea when your primary weapon goes down. (We had a wood but stock come apart irreparably.)

Time jacking around with your weapon is not training time.

Bring an open mind.

Thanks
    P.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Albert View Post
    P.A.
    In a can or the piercing
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Albert View Post
    I will add my .02

Myself and three of my friends attended the AK shoot in Katy Tx last weekend.
    I felt like every one of us in my group had our skill levels improve.

In the class, our skill levels varied greatly from prior military to civilians who had taken various classes in the past.
    There were several returning Suarez alumni in attendance.
    We all had an excellent time.

Jon is an excellent instructor.
    He lays out the course in a clear and direct manner.
    Jon goes over the how and also the why of the way the course is taught.
    More thane once when we put it all together in a drill, I had my “Ah ha!” Moment.

To wrap,

Even if you only have a mild interest in the AK platform I highly recommend attending this class.
    This was an awesome experience.
    I’m looking forward to more training with Jon and the Suarez team.

And to get the most out of your training...

Zero your rifle/red dot BEFORE the class. (Please)

Any mechanical fasteners on your weapon MUST have at least blue Lock title on them. (Ask me how I know)

A back up weapon is a good idea when your primary weapon goes down. (We had a wood but stock come apart irreparably.)

Time jacking around with your weapon is not training time.

Bring an open mind.

Thanks
    P.A.
    Thank you for the review. It was the most productive birthday I've had in some time. lol
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

The desire to learn how to effectively run the AK-47 is what brought me to Suarez International many years ago. First, came Gabe's "controversial" articles which were in conflict with the AR-centric training world, and resulted in my first AK purchase. After months of derision from both the Fudd and Tacticool communities, I was delighted to find Gabe was teaching a class in the Houston area. After 4 straight days of pistol and combatives training, folIowed by 2 more days of AK instruction convinced me that the conventional wisdom around town was misinformed. My learning experience did not stop here: voracious reading of WT articles and SI books and traveling across the country for a wide variety of classes taught by several different of the outstanding SI cadre of instructors.

12 years later, I returned to the same training range for SI AK Rifle Gunfighting class by Jon Payne. The circle is now complete.

Jon is an excellent instructor. I don't just say this because he's a nice fellow. I have attended classes where Jon deftly covers the subject matter from basic marksmanship, to gunfighting skills, to emergency medical procedures. While this is impressive, I have seen Jon effectively and joyously educate his students, regardless of the weapons platform and regardless of whether the students are experienced fighters or neophytes, large or small, young or old, male or female. Do yourselves a favor and sign up for the next class that Jon Payne presents, you will find it is a wise investment.

Granted that the AK has some peculiarities that require the correct techniques, but once learned, you realize that you have a very effective tool in your hands. While I haven't spent a lot of time running the AK recently, I found the course material was familiar and I soon felt I was on auto pilot. Rock n lock mag, run bolt, reload, "Caveman EOTech", getting off the X, transfer from right side to left side and back, transition from rifle to pistol. It was great to see classmates with less time on the system get a handle on these techniques. Speaking of techniques, much of what we learned is applicable to a wide variety of weapon systems. I seem to recall a voice from SI classes regarding pistol, rifle and shotgun, saying, "Consistency across platforms".

We ended class by easily engaging a steel plate at 100 yards, which after we knocked it off it's hangers, discovered it was a miniature silhouette target, more like head-sized. So, we tried our pistols and got near misses and several hits I also brought my SI Raider 870 with an RMR and several of us smacked that same target with a 12 gauge slug.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

It was good to hang with the tribe and study the AK platform. Students had a range of experience and backgrounds; yet everyone was squared away and ready to train. Range was great, weather perfect.

This was my second time taking KRG, with the last one in 2015. Having only ran my rifles twice since 2015 it did take some bandwidth to get comfortable again, but quickly came up to speed.

From a gear perspective I learned a great deal. Thoroughly test all mags in your rifle- I grabbed some extra stored mags on my way out of house and had issues with those in both rifles I used. I tried HSGI Taco rifle mag pouches mounted to my gunbelt, much easier access than Sneaky bag but had some uncomfortable pokes to ribs when moving and changing positions. My take away was a separate battle belt with suspenders would work best for me. Also discovered open cuff gloves hung up on rifle bits during shoulder transitions- changed to tight cuffed gloves, issue solved.

I really enjoyed witnessing everybody’s progression of skills over two days. Jon’s instruction style is easygoing and thorough, I agree with everything Popshot stated above. I will add that there is a VERY short list of individuals I trust to train my wife and daughters, and Jon Payne sits at the top of that list. Also, having Cullen Smith’s unique perspective and willingness to help however possible is always welcome!

Train with Jon and you won’t be disappointed!

Be humble of character, warm of heart and kind. You will know when it's time to flip the switch and unleash the beast.

CAUTION: You can't fix stupid.....