Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Para did the same thing for us back in the day20181217_073401.jpg
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    Dang, those are slick.

Sweet, I would use one. I think if they are as reliable as a glock, I would spend the money on one. Reliable meaning, with proper maintenance and cleaning they function flawless. I have always heard that double stacked 1911s were super finicky, but those guys have been around the block a time or two so I’m sure they are squared away. I wouldn’t mind paying the money, and yes I would get that one engraved and carry it.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I would probably go 38 super or 45, keep it old school...

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Reliable meaning, with proper maintenance and cleaning they function flawless. I have always heard that double stacked 1911s were super finicky...
    From what little research I've done, most of the older criticism of 2011 pistols- STI in particular- had to do with their first gen magazines. Many of them wouldn't run reliably without being properly tuned. They seem to have solved that w/ their 2nd gen mags. All of my STI's have 2nd gen mags and run without a hiccup. As a bonus, the newer mags have recently come down in price. Not on par with Glock mag prices, of course...

And as for caliber, 9mm is where the STI 2011's really shine, IMO.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

I was at a training class last year with a Texas Ranger and his holster and leather gear were works of art. I could not believe how sharp the entire rig was. I regret not asking him who made it.

From what little research I've done, most of the older criticism of 2011 pistols- STI in particular- had to do with their first gen magazines. Many of them wouldn't run reliably without being properly tuned. They seem to have solved that w/ their 2nd gen mags. All of my STI's have 2nd gen mags and run without a hiccup. As a bonus, the newer mags have recently come down in price. Not on par with Glock mag prices, of course...

And as for caliber, 9mm is where the STI 2011's really shine, IMO.
    I figured, especially they are the top tier in the gaming world...

Quote Originally Posted by trac1 View Post
    I was at a training class last year with a Texas Ranger and his holster and leather gear were works of art. I could not believe how sharp the entire rig was. I regret not asking him who made it.
    Texas Department of Criminal Justice made it.

Thats right, prison leather workers make most of the dress rigs for Texas Law Enforcement to include Rangers.

I dont wear it often but my last rig (Ranger Belt (lined and reinforced) , Holster (made to your spec and gun) , Cuff case, Dual mag holder, knife sheath (for a old timer trapper folding knife) with hand tooled oakleaf scrollwork on the items was about $200.00- $250.00 total and took about three months to arrive. Mine came out of the Eastham unit in Lovelady Texas, but I believe there are other units that have leather tooling sections in the prisoner work areas (they also made saddles as I recall).

I will see if i can find the old order forms. The prisoners are paid via money order and it is deposited in their account (minus material cost), allowing them learn a trade, get some savings for release (if/when they are eligible) and allow cops dress/court gear that otherwise would cost upwards of $1000.00 + for hand tooled gear.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Why the heck not?

Send me those forms as well.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

360. And a wakeup.

Papa,

I know its a bit ghetto but here are printable images (scanner is down). Others not on the job/retired are welcome to try and order (it may or may not work)

I had to borrow the order form from the last guy in the office to order: but to understand the breakdown as an example

1 3/4 duty belt $40.00
    custom ranger buckle $75.00
    Duty holster $50.00
    dual mag case open $22.00
    bikini cuff case $17.50
    Estimated total $ 204.50

You send the form to the inmate, they reply with price (usually close to listed price) and payment instructions. You send the money order, and when finished they ship the product to the address you requested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time