Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    This is more for agency orders, the custom order forms are handled through the inmate and shop supervisor (non inmate).

I do note that inmate solomon (in huntsville tx not lovelady tx) says he will handle all leather needs, personal or professional. Im hoping that means if an order and subsequently the money comes in, that he doesnt care if its a cop or a citizen. The alternative is that he could make ones ball-gag and pony gear for kinky cops ;)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Texas Department of Criminal Justice made it.

Thats right, prison leather workers make most of the dress rigs for Texas Law Enforcement to include Rangers.

I dont wear it often but my last rig (Ranger Belt (lined and reinforced) , Holster (made to your spec and gun) , Cuff case, Dual mag holder, knife sheath (for a old timer trapper folding knife) with hand tooled oakleaf scrollwork on the items was about $200.00- $250.00 total and took about three months to arrive. Mine came out of the Eastham unit in Lovelady Texas, but I believe there are other units that have leather tooling sections in the prisoner work areas (they also made saddles as I recall).

I will see if i can find the old order forms. The prisoners are paid via money order and it is deposited in their account (minus material cost), allowing them learn a trade, get some savings for release (if/when they are eligible) and allow cops dress/court gear that otherwise would cost upwards of $1000.00 + for hand tooled gear.
    Thanks for the info, their work was impressive.

One of my summer jobs was as a guard at Eastham unit in '72. First time I saw a two mile driveway. Worked in a production shop and when the lights went out one had to quickly duck and move off the X smartly while knives, screwdrivers and other pointy things were vigorously thrown at your previous poosition. Needless to say I preferred the guard towers.😎

The leather work and other inmate produced items were superb.

jim
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

Hey there Chainsaw, I work on the Ferguson unit just across the river! I go to Eastham and the other region 1 units to oversee the wastewater plants. It’s a kinder, gentler bureau and not for the staff.

Btw, my two are still going to be a while. I’m glad I only sent two in to get work done.....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I’m going to engrave and blue them, maybe some gold inlay. I can nickel plate them but I think I want to do another set in 38 super and nickel plate those...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....