Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Does the empty shell holder on left side of the receiver pressing against the upper thigh help?
    No. If anything I think it makes it a little harder, it’s less connection on the leg than a flat receiver. But obviously it’s still doable.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Close Range Gunfighting 3, Oregon - pending
    Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

How would a brace affect shooting from such a position?

I recall demonstrating this with an iron sighted G19 over a decade ago at one of the very early TID classes when Gabe challanged the class to find various ways to get hits on a 100 us man sized plate target.

There are a couple of tricks here.

1. Unless you have something under your firing hand elbow itís gonna suck as that is what helps you hold the gun in tight.

2. Make sure the muzzle (and if you have porting the porting) out ahead of your pants leg because of it flops in front of the muzzle or porting all that gas goes right up your pants leg and you learn a new dance.

3. There is this weird thing you have to do with your support hand where you rotate your wrist and splay your fingers out and your head rests on that hand which takes a lot of the wobble out of the position and really helps accuracy.

In my old IHMSA Silhouette days we were shooting targets at 200m the size of a bread plate for tie breakers with iron sights so there is no reason someone couldnít get decent hits well beyond 100m with a Stakeout and rifle sights or an RMR
    Last edited by Hasher; 10-19-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Just jam it in hard to your hip and you should be fine.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

i wonder if it would be safe to fire a TAC-13 semiauto in that position relative to getting a bumpfire.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Watching ChrisNobody, or Brent, or anyone for that matter, truly run an Amphibian rams home the usefulness of the platform and the finality of the 12 gauge. I do regret not getting mine turned into one; however, running the plain Tac-14 next to the Amphibian shows one right away the value added by SI’s tradecraft.

We had a defense shooting with a Tac-14 a while ago and for those interested the platform never raised a question in the investigation and nobody cared. I keep my Tac-14 under my floor mat so it’s easy to get and it’s much easier to work with inside the confines of a vehicle than a carbine.

By using Stakeout Creedmore one is just extending the range of an excellent platform to 150+ yards without losing the true capability that made the 12 gauge the best choice in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by khadga View Post
    How would a brace affect shooting from such a position?
    With a brace you can use standard prone and other positions.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    i wonder if it would be safe to fire a TAC-13 semiauto in that position relative to getting a bumpfire.
    Safe unless some nimrod has done a "bubba trigger job".
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters