Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Witold Pilecki

"During World War II, Pilecki volunteered for a Polish resistance operation that involved being imprisoned in the Auschwitz concentration camp in order to gather intelligence and later escape.[3] While in the camp, he organized a resistance movement and informed the Western Allies of Nazi Germany's Auschwitz atrocities as early as 1941.[4] He escaped from the camp in 1943 after nearly 2 years of imprisonment.[5] He took part as a combatant in the Warsaw Uprising[6] in August–October 1944.[7] He remained loyal to the London-based Polish government-in-exile after the Communist takeover of Poland, and he was arrested for espionage in 1947 by the Stalinist secret police (Urząd Bezpieczeństwa) on charges of working for "foreign imperialism", a euphemism for British Intelligence.[8][9] He was executed after a show trial in 1948...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witold_Pilecki

Shannon Hogan is offline Suarez International Affiliate - Salt Lake City
    I could mention a distant famous ancestor in the Hogan Clan but I shall not. All the choices mentioned above are awesome. Who counts as the finest warriors to me are the hero's who were never acknowledged for their actions. Those that were lucky returned home and said nothing of what they did. Others did their duty unto death and lay in unmarked graves or to the elements marked as MIA. No one but the Trinity are aware of what they did for their buddies and nation. The Privates, the Corporals, the Sergeants, the Junior Officer, the little military pawns, absolutely terrified at the moment of truth but still did their duty.
    fulminis instar "Like thunderbolts, fast as lightning."
    Hogan Clan motto.

I wanted to let this one roll for a while before commenting. How do we define warrior? The classical definition of one who has fought in a war? Or is it anyone who has engaged in combat? Is a police officer a warrior? I'd say Bill Allard and Jim Cirillo were. Is a civilian who uses his gun a warrior? I'd say Lance Thomas probably qualifies. Is a criminal a warrior? I'd say John Wesley Hardin was for sure. This is not as simple a question as one might think.

Like most others narrowing this down to just ONE is quite difficult. Looking at just my own home state would fill up a book. Just to name a few I'll throw out John Sevier , Dragging Canoe, Ostenaco, David Crockett, Andrew Jackson, Sam Houston, John Coffee Hays, Nathan Bedford Forrest, Jack Hinson, Alvin C. York, and Charles Coolidge. And those are just the most famous ones...
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Quote Originally Posted by Puddle View Post
    The Comanche nation
    In 1840 Buffalo Hump led the largest Indian raid ever (the "Great Raid of 1840 ") raiding all the way to the gulf coast . Not too shabby for a bunch of dudes with bows and spears and clubs on horseback.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

My mom.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    My mom.
    Good moms truly are warriors, often in multiple sense. My mom typifies that as well.

Randy

For this very reason I wanted to throw Charl van Wyk`s name into the hat.

He is an ordinary citizen who returned fire with his .38 Special revolver when his church was attacked during evening service by four assailants.

Two of the attackers were armed with R4`s and M26 grenades. When he wounded one of them they fled bringing an end to the attack.As well as the intention of one of the attackers to throw four petrol bombs into the church once the shooting stopped. Instead the attacker run and jumped into the getaway car with the other three attackers.

He always makes the short list in my mind when I think Warrior and acts as a great example to use in anti weapon/anti violence debates when I get confronted by people trying to point out to me that my points of view are wrong.

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR