Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That would not be surprising considering that the Israelis have used CZ pistols or clones for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by SLF View Post
    That would not be surprising considering that the Israelis have used CZ pistols or clones for many years.
    If anything, the CZs are worse for the slingshot. Hopefully they were carrying those with one up the spout.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 13. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    PASS with a big P. I am not impressed with any modern Israeli weapons. Yeah, the Tavor has some things going for it, but that is about all. If I want a striker fired weapon today in 2019 (not 1957) I will get a Glock or a Sig 320. If I want a DA/DA it will be a CZ 75 or a Sig P226. The Masada? I see no point in it and will not get one.
    ‘But, as you said in the shotgun class last weekend, no stock weapon is perfect out of the box. With a few modifications the Masada may become a solid Glock competitor but not necessarily a replacement. Competition is good and I am surprised that Glock has so far not responded to Walther and improved the shitty stock triggers and standard sights that are shipped to customers.

No stock weapon is perfect out of the box...BUT, some make better starting points than others...ie., the Remington v the Mossberg. The next issue is that with the prolific nature of both the Remington and Mossberg, why on earth would anyone want to begin a project with a Charles Daly, or a Winchester, or something else that requires specific parts and magazines, etc.

Guys that want a striker fired weapon OTG (other than Glock...and I would want to hear a legitimate reason why) have Sig P320 (the ony striker weapon to gain footing on Glock), the Beretta APX, Steyr L Series, HK VP9, Walther, and probably a handful more that are established, relatively supported by the market, and offer everything that this "new and improved" Masada may bring to the table.

If I was desigining a weapon today I would do the following:

Base it on the modular SIG P320 firing system. Offer it in Street, Game, and Master versions (heavy trigger, light trigger and adjustable trigger). Offer it with or without a manual safety. Have the modularity in grip frame and angle of the Walther. Offer the same firing system as a striker fired as well as DA/SA system with corresponding slide conversion. Offer it in Compact, Carry, and Duty sizes (26, 19, and 17 size respectively). Slides would have a universal red dot capabilty that was designed for durability and an "as low as possible" mount with properly placed cowitness sights.

But who the hell cares what i think when they can keep making money selling repackaged crap that everyone already has....
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

If I was designing a weapon today I would do the following:

Base it on the modular SIG P320 firing system. Offer it in Street, Game, and Master versions (heavy trigger, light trigger and adjustable trigger). Offer it with or without a manual safety. Have the modularity in grip frame and angle of the Walther. Offer the same firing system as a striker fired as well as DA/SA system with corresponding slide conversion. Offer it in Compact, Carry, and Duty sizes (26, 19, and 17 size respectively). Slides would have a universal red dot capabilty that was designed for durability and an "as low as possible" mount with properly placed cowitness sights.
    I did a little work with a P99AS awhile back and was intrigued. I guess they're still making them (or have a bunch in the warehouse). I prefer a visible hammer and the ability to verify its position by touch, but it's clear that a DA/SA striker can and has been done and that the technology to carry in either mode exists. All you need is modularity, a way to RMS, and a single stack version and Robert is your father's brother.

Working with a fresh sheet of paper, you could locate the hammer drop anywhere you chose to accommodate the RMR.

In the words of the late, unlamented John Lennon, "You can say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one."
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 13. And a wakeup.

My interest:

1) A firearm grip where I naturally point. I don't like Glock because I don't point as good/natural as others. So it would be important to know if the Masada is more of a Glock angle or a 1911 or Sig or etc.

2) A true modular system like an AR.

All the triggers and other stuff is all the same for me.

To me, the race is which manufacturer can figure out how to deliver the promises. They sure seem to have a tough time doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertGuy View Post
    My interest:

1) A firearm grip where I naturally point. I don't like Glock because I don't point as good/natural as others. So it would be important to know if the Masada is more of a Glock angle or a 1911 or Sig or etc.
    This is a software issue, not a hardware issue. The only reason that other guns point more naturally for you is because you've spent more time pointing those guns.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    (Shakes head slowly) I don't think they realize that they can't beat Glock with a clone of a Glock. If you want to beat Glock, it's going to take something that is superior by enough of a margin to warrant the expense of switching over.
    And this is what it really comes down to... I'm sure it's a decent pistol and I've seen it for around $350 in a few places, but at this point it would take something really special to get me to switch over from my Glock.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

basically a case of another "game changer" that is the same as the last "game changer". I'm still old enough to remember when Glock was considered "Combat Tupperware" and the BHP and 92F were considered the only man's high cap 9mm. Now look at the market, everyone want a piece of Glock.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I carry an HK VP9 currently, but the pistol you describe is one that I would consider buying to replace it, very seriously, especially if priced at a point that would let me put a red dot on it with a few months' saving.

Offer an NP3 upgrade, stippling upgrade, etc., and that could be a very reasonably priced pistol, with some massive potential. That combines all the things I like about various platforms.

But unfortunately the market looks the way it does...I'll keep saving for a SI 419 Gunfighter w/ Streetcomp.