Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Israeli Masada 9mm Pistol

The IWI Masada 9mm Pistol is now available and looks like a good addition to the lineup of high-capacity but reasonably compact carry guns. Out of the box accuracy is very good and the trigger pull is better than a stock Glock 19 but not as smooth as the Walther PPQs. Like the Walther PPQ M4 the Masada comes pre-cut for 4 different optics but, sadly, no threaded barrel is available. The standard package includes the optics adapter plates, interchangeable back straps, 2 17-round metal mags and Mepro night sights. The price is quite reasonable at roughly $430.
    The biggest downside I see is the lack of available aftermarket modifications, at least for now. Also, the trigger shoe, for some reason, has a tendency to irritate my finger after firing a couple of mags through the gun. (Perhaps Gabe will design a better one.) The Mepro night sights will not co-witness with my Trijicon RMR as the adapter plate raises its height too high.
    Last edited by SLF; 10-15-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Well another 9 mm polymer pistol See link for spec if for some reason anyone is interested https://iwi.net/masada/

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Looks like a take on the CZ P10 series, crossed with a Canik TP9. Don't tend to dismiss this stuff as quickly as some, but I can't say I'm overwhelmed.

PASS with a big P. I am not impressed with any modern Israeli weapons. Yeah, the Tavor has some things going for it, but that is about all. If I want a striker fired weapon today in 2019 (not 1957) I will get a Glock or a Sig 320. If I want a DA/DA it will be a CZ 75 or a Sig P226. The Masada? I see no point in it and will not get one.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

(Shakes head slowly) I don't think they realize that they can't beat Glock with a clone of a Glock. If you want to beat Glock, it's going to take something that is superior by enough of a margin to warrant the expense of switching over.

Meh...
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Meh...
    Bbbbut...the IDF uses it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

You would figure they would put some hips at the rear of the slide to conform to the "slingshot " method favored by the israeli's (no that isnt a David and goliath pun) just if I was going to build a weapon system high on my list (behind reliability) would be optimizing it for the tactics in use (sound familiar ;)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Been working with an ex-Israeli FN BHP for a couple of weeks now. It came with a spur hammer, now has a C&S no-bite and full power replacement springs.

I would not care to slingshot that pistol with sweaty or bloody hands. The slide serrations cover 1 1/4" by 5/8" a side, and are neither deep nor sharp. Even a light coat of oil is problematic.

Condition 1, OK--the safeties are adequate. Condition 2, marginal with the spur hammer. Condition 3, no effing way. This gun will get a C&S left side safety when I get the nerve to fit it.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 19. And a wakeup.

I'd take one if someone gave it to me! I would take just about any gun someone wants to give away free. Will I spend my very limited funds on one, nope. I have what I want and need in my Glocks and IF I buy more , that is what it will be.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!