Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best folder

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter Ready View Post

When someone needs something cut, I donít offer to help. I tell them to go get a pair of scissors.
    This... I may cut something for them but I never hand one out as a loaner because invariably they don't know how to handle an actually sharp tool and they want to use my knife as a pry bar, screwdriver, cold chisel, etc.

I won't lend my carry knife to anyone. If they don't have one of their own, they probably don't know how to use one.

I carry a small detachable Leatherman on my keychain if someone needs a blade.

-- ML

When I was on the job I had a old Schrade folder (same size as the Buck 110) I kept on my duty belt for nasty jobs and loaning when I HAD to! Nothing fancy and it only cost me around 20 bucks. That was a lot easier that arguing with folks. I kept it decently sharp ( it could take a shaving edge but----). I also carried a Gerber Multi tool for stuff and caught a bunch of crap for my "bat belt" then I gave it right back when they needed something. One butt hole really road me hard about it so when he came begging for help, I told him to kiss my big hairy white butt and hold the tongue. He went to the boss over it and the boss told him to be sure to hold the tongue!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

I don't tend to use a blade for many of these utility cutting things, in general, if available I'll use shears or scissors before going for my knife because I'm less likely to accidentally cut myself with them. For example, I was opening the packaging on a new dress shirt a couple years ago and they had it wrapped up like Ft. Knox. The blade slipped and went right into my palm, the blood ruined the shirt.

Niche, Role, Envelope is for more than just firearms.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
    I won't lend my carry knife to anyone. If they don't have one of their own, they probably don't know how to use one.

I carry a small detachable Leatherman on my keychain if someone needs a blade.

-- ML

This is a Universal Truth.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

A box cutter (retractable razor) is the hot set up for cutting boxes. They cost Jack squat and they are the right tool for a lot of situations where a $200 folder is really not the right tool.

Just get a voyager xl. Cheap, disposable, and huge...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....