Default Stripped Scorpion Evo 3 safety set screw

So any advice on how to remove a stripped Scorpion safety set screw? Went to change out the factory Safety lever with a new on and did one turn with the Allen wrench on the right hand side and boom. Stripped the top of the dang screw. Had no issues with the left side set screw and with my other scorpion.
    There is going to be a battle. People will die.
    SI Classes: AK marksmanship,AKRG, Defensive Knife, FOF

Go to Home Depot and get a stripped screw extractor bit set.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
    So any advice on how to remove a stripped Scorpion safety set screw? Went to change out the factory Safety lever with a new on and did one turn with the Allen wrench on the right hand side and boom. Stripped the top of the dang screw. Had no issues with the left side set screw and with my other scorpion.
    I just did this myself. I was lucky enough that a slightly larger Allen wrench fit it. It was originally a metric size but a standard size ended up fitting.

Also, mine isn’t letting mags lock in easily. I put in a Magpul mag release recently and certain mags won’t seat. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Badger; 10-12-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Mine is pretty stripped. Went to Home Depot but it was out of the stripped screw kits. Found a local gun smith who has a set though. As far as the mag release, I have not put mine in yet but did your springs possibly get bound up? I had read you needed to be super careful when putting the MP release back on.
    There is going to be a battle. People will die.
    SI Classes: AK marksmanship,AKRG, Defensive Knife, FOF

Quote Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
    Mine is pretty stripped. Went to Home Depot but it was out of the stripped screw kits. Found a local gun smith who has a set though. As far as the mag release, I have not put mine in yet but did your springs possibly get bound up? I had read you needed to be super careful when putting the MP release back on.
    Iím thinking the mp release is a hair too long. At least I hope itís that simple.