Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    I was in south Florida during hurricane Wilma approximately +/- 12-14 years ago. No power for a few days, trees and assorted debris covered roads out of our development no cars able to drive, so I used my motorcycle to wander about. Not having power was really nothing more than a minor inconvenience for my wife and me. Plenty of water (no ice, but hey so what) meals, all from cans, dry food, cereal, camp stove for hot coffee, it was October so heat was far from oppressive, overall not so bad. We had more than enough potable water, a 30k gallon pool, non perishable food, batteries, flashlights, books, and hygiene supplies for I'd say at least 4-to-5 months if need be, plus the means to protect our provisions; two very well trained Malinois plus one's assorted firearms. Electricity, great but one can live without it for the short term (+/-6months?) in an urban /suburban environment....then the food and water run out and things will get rather sporty.
    Exactly, the problem is very few of the California residents are prepared like the residents of florida for a hurricane.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I kneel for no man and pray to only one God; Jesus Christ.

تدريب لتكون في نهاية المطاف الأمريكي الكافر

CRG 09/2012, TMCO 11/2012, RGF I 09/2013, ACRG 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by TACC View Post
    Exactly, the problem is very few of the California residents are prepared like the residents of florida for a hurricane.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    In Florida and other parts of the gulf coast there is a large net work of public and private (Mostly Church) organizations directed towards hurricane aftermath aid. It is all coordinated with some groups doing cooking, other warehousing, etc. And others later on doing rebuilding. The power companies are all coordinated to send teams in from far out of state restore power. Cell phone towers have been set up so they do not run out of power and shut down in three days. Gas stations are
    . Fortunately, Florida law requires newer gas stations to be capable of running on generators. The state law, which applies to gas stations built or substantially renovated after July 1, 2006, was passed following the 2005 hurricane season, which saw the Sunshine State impacted in turns by hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma.
    BTW: Hurricane season is not over yet, but for the moment it looks good for us.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The equipments described in my Harvey thread applies here as well $500 in vice materials pays $10000 in a crisis.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

[QUOTE=Gunstore Commando;1945497]Part of the problem, probably a big part, is decades of poor forest management, driven by political agendas.[/QUO

Your on the right track...Decades of " Deferred Maintenance " in the budget process on all PG&E right of ways.(Lived there from 1985-2008).
    Many are able, few are willing .

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I bet a generator and 20 gal of fuel on a street corner would sell for $1500 after the first night no power. And I am sure there will people out doing it. No street lights in many urban centers is an invitation for looting.
    10+ years back I ran a power cord off my generator to my neighbor's furnace. I didn't really care if he had heat. I wanted him to have a vested interest in my generator not getting stolen.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTA View Post
    10+ years back I ran a power cord off my generator to my neighbor's furnace. I didn't really care if he had heat. I wanted him to have a vested interest in my generator not getting stolen.
    Always have a backup heating source that does not require electricity. I heat with wood so I always have that.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez