Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Uproar after research claims red meat poses no health risk

How about a synopsis of the article so we do not drive people away from WT?

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    How about a synopsis of the article so we do not drive people away from WT?

Customer feedback on above:

I hit this forum (and a few others) as a quick way to find out anything important (or interesting) going on in the world! Rather than driving me away Im here (among other reasons) to be able to quickly see if anything needs to be looked at closer or has popped off while I was busy doing something else!

Yes too many pig paths will water down what we do here and I can depend on you to keep the focus on task, but within this focal range I can quickly get a valuable snapshot and decide if I need to dedicate time in this spectrum today or not!

I would be here irregardless because the subject matter interest me, but because of the above (and do to changes in another forum) I hit WarriorTalk first thing in the morning to get that snapshot.

Because of the above usage Im here more often than Id likely be otherwise!

SD
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Original Annals of Internal Medicine Article
    https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2...endations-from

PDF of article with nice charts included
    http://www.dssimon.com/MM/ACP-red-me...onsumption.pdf

Synopsis: After reviewing multiple past studies of meat consumption, this panel of experts concludes that eating meat is not bad for you.

Gents....I am going to be an asshole about this. If you post a link only, I will delete it.

Post a link and then a cut n paste synopsis of the article FROM the article. Failing that, I would raher you didn't even include the link. Below is an example of what is appropriate here.
    Gabriel Suarez

Uproar after research claims red meat poses no health risk

New research that claims red and processed meat is probably not harmful to our health has caused controversy among experts who maintain people should cut down.
    The World Health Organization has classified red and processed meats as cancer-causing. Public health bodies worldwide urge people to limit their intake of red and processed meat to reduce their cancer risk. The NHS advises that people who eat 90g of meat a day – equivalent to three thin slices of roast meat – should cut down to 70g.

ANYTHING LESS IS LAZY, DRIVES MEMBERS AWAY TO OTHER SITES, AND WILL BE SUMMARILY DELETED
    Gabriel Suarez

I don't think God would have put red meat & so many
    chickens on this planet, if he didn't want us to eat it,
    but I am sure the steroids are whats killing us, among
    other things.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

My diet yesterday -

Breakfast - 1/4 pound grassfed burger, grilled in duckfat, with a handful of sweet potato slices and a fistfull of sauerkraut.

Lunch - 1/3 pound of bison with five strips of organic bacon and a green salad with olive oil and apple cider vinegar.

Dinner - 1/4 pound grassfed steak with a green salad and some plantains.

So I eat about a pound of meat per day. I source it grass fed, and I give no shits about what some estrogenized rabbitman might think of my footprint. If he makes to much noise, my carbon footprint will be right on his neck.
    Gabriel Suarez

understood. trust me, it won't happen again

If you aren't tuned into the rapidly growing carnivore movement, I'm finding it fascinating. It's causing me to question everything I've been told my whole life about how vegetables=healthy. That's not to say that all vegetables are bad, but the huge emphasis on them in the nutrition world may be very much unsupported and/or unverified in the research. If you want to dig into it, there are a few doctors who are leaders in social media--Shawn Baker (the guy behind meatheals.com), Paul Saladino, and Ken Berry are three that I follow. Go listen to some of their interviews on various podcasts on YouTube. It will open your eyes to just how much the experts think they know isn't really known with great certainty, and this latest news is just another piece of the puzzle.