Default Spyderco Family Pic

My Spyderco FRN Lightweights

L-R: Ladybug, Delica, Endela, Endura, Police

The Police is a freakin' beast of a knife!

Spyderco family.jpg
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

That’s a nice line-up you’ve got there. I’ve been wanting to get an Endela since they announced them, just because. I’ve been holding off though because I just don’t have a use for a knife that size. The Police is my favorite of the Spydies. It’s got a beast of a blade on it, but it carries like a much smaller knife. Sort of like the G26L of folding knives.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    I’ve been wanting to get an Endela since they announced them, just because. I’ve been holding off though because I just don’t have a use for a knife that size.
    It's become my main EDC folder. It's basically the size of the PM2.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

I normally carry a couple Natives! I love the Spydercos! I have an old all metal Police model that I have not carried much. Metal handle made it a bit heavy. Prefer the straight edge over the serrated.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Buy a Spyderco at the store and support the forum you all enjoy.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    It's become my main EDC folder. It's basically the size of the PM2.
    PM2 is my all-time favorite EDC blade. I've carried one every day for the last two years and plan to carry it for many more. (Reminds me, it needs its quarterly honing and cleaning--that'll be this weekend.)

I keep circling the store, just to see if something else catches my eye that I've just gotta have...

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    PM2 is my all-time favorite EDC blade. I've carried one every day for the last two years and plan to carry it for many more. (Reminds me, it needs its quarterly honing and cleaning--that'll be this weekend.)

I keep circling the store, just to see if something else catches my eye that I've just gotta have...
    The Police model the store has is very interesting.
    G10 scales with the K390 steel....
    I'm not in the market for a new blade but it's tempting.

I had a PM2 for a bit. It was a cutter but the blade chipped so easily I'm not interested in S30v any longer. Before then I had never chipped a edge on a pocket knife. They are a cutting tool and I only use them for such. I don't abuse them, ever, so when the S30v chipped i was shocked.

That K390 steel with the edge geometry that Spyderco is known for is surely a winning combo.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    The Police model the store has is very interesting.
    G10 scales with the K390 steel....
    I'm not in the market for a new blade but it's tempting.

I had a PM2 for a bit. It was a cutter but the blade chipped so easily I'm not interested in S30v any longer. Before then I had never chipped a edge on a pocket knife. They are a cutting tool and I only use them for such. I don't abuse them, ever, so when the S30v chipped i was shocked.

That K390 steel with the edge geometry that Spyderco is known for is surely a winning combo.
    That is the downside to S30V, agreed. I have yet to chip my blade, but I'm also not often in situations requiring really heavy use. I have a Benchmade hunting knife made with S30V that hasn't chipped yet, either, but it also has yet to really get exercised. I do like the K390 steel idea, though.

I like VG 10 the best as it never chips and resharpens easily. Doesn’t hold edge like s30v though. You should sharpen that chip out, I haven’t had the chipping with s30v like others