Default NPE carry on person and in vehicle

Ok, guys. Here is my problem I am traveling to the east coast in a few weeks and will be there for over a month. I don't have a choice due to this being a work trip. I will be driving my pickup truck. I bought my truck used and the windows were tinted very dark in the rear and probably darker in the front then what the states I will be traveling to say is legal. My home state says it is perfectly fine and they have no laws against it. Now my truck is very expensive and pretty new and in great condition, no scratches or dents, all the lights work. I drive the speed limit and obey all traffic laws and am a very conscientious driver. I don't anticipate getting pulled over for any traffic infractions but what are my chances of getting pulled over for tint? I know I can just take my ticket and refuse any searches. I also possess a concealed carry license in my home state and when/if I get pulled over I know that it will come up whenever the police run my plate. But will that also be true when pulled over out of state?

I know gunshot locating technology has existed for a long time now. But the various surveillance devices out there got me thinking and a quick internet search pulled up a few articles like this one:
    https://www.technologyreview.com/s/4...acy-questions/
    It is an old article from 2012 so how much has technology improved since then? Is concealed really concealed anymore? This technology is probably exceptionally expensive and who knows how accurate? So I realize if it is used it will probably not be used in any great numbers, I will not be traveling to any high profile areas, mostly suburbs and such.

I normally fly to my destinations for work and most of my travel takes me to the states where weapons are not allowed or heavily regulated so checking them in my luggage is not an option most of the time. But, I figure this time I am driving and would like to take some things along.

So are my concerns valid or am I overthinking this?

In PA they get locals for tint and stuff regularly but never bother those of us with out of state plates. I wouldn’t worry about getting stopped for that.

I don’t know where you’re going but I wandered all over a certain capital city on the east coast that frowns upon guns and knives with no issue.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Big boy rules, of course. That said, if you can be a bit more
    hypothetically specific, you will likely get better intel & more meaningful opinions.

Yes, Big Boy rules apply, not arguing that.

Hypothetically I would be traveling to PA, NY, MA, ME. I know I am good in PA my CCW license is actually good there, I have flown in and out a few times with weapons. Its mostly NY and MA that concern me since I will be spending most of my hypothetical time there.

What is really funny is in my brief internet research it appears that Tac-14s are legal in NY state, maybe not NYC?

Tac-14s are indeed legal and sold in gun shops here in NY state. No firearms are legal in NYC without a permit. NY does not recognize permits from other states. NY EnCon law does not allow guns to be loaded in a vehicle, unless is a pistol carried on a permit. Heck, until this year any folding knife that could lock open and be “flicked” open could get you locked up in NYC.

People do get jammed up with otherwise legal firearms from other states, but it is usually for doing something stupid. It is uncommon enough that it makes the news when it happens. I believe that many of the cases get pleaded to something relatively meaningless, but YMMV, and not until a large amount of money is spent. Just know that if you have guns in the car not carried per federal rules and get into an accident, your life may get very difficult.

I have not heard of any special gun finding technology in use, but I know NYPD has tested such things at special events.

Edit to add: MA, CT, and ME do issue non-resident permits, with varying bureaucracy attached. There was a movement to make ME constitutional carry - I don’t recall if it passed.
    Last edited by jesselp; 09-26-2019 at 08:47 AM.

When I drive, which is very seldom, I will rent a car. That way it is certain to be sterile, and clearly a rental. I have ways of EDCing in NPEs that work unless there is a strip search but I honestly don't feel compelled to reveal things for free any more. That and the fact that the opposition reads these forums as well.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters