Default Glock 33 question. 357 sig in California

I have a gen 3 glock 33. I was wondering if I can use the glock 26 super match slide on it. I was gonna shoot a 9mm conversion barrel on the gun to save a bit (actually a lot) during range time. I figure, since I will be shooting 9mm off the sig 357 frame, can I just also get a nice super match rmr slide and barrel up as well.

I wasn't planning on getting this gun upgraded past stock, but I'm having way too much fun and satisfaction with my super match rmr slide on my other glock 19.

Anyhows from my amateur internet research on the forums, it seems like it should be no problem.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Peahi2 View Post
    I have a gen 3 glock 33. I was wondering if I can use the glock 26 super match slide on it. I was gonna shoot a 9mm conversion barrel on the gun to save a bit (actually a lot) during range time. I figure, since I will be shooting 9mm off the sig 357 frame, can I just also get a nice super match rmr slide and barrel up as well.

I wasn't planning on getting this gun upgraded past stock, but I'm having way too much fun and satisfaction with my super match rmr slide on my other glock 19.

Anyhows from my amateur internet research on the forums, it seems like it should be no problem.

Thanks in advance!
    If you use the 26 slide with the appropriate barrel it should work I would think. You should switch out the 33 ejector for a 9mm ejector.
    My experiences:
    I tried just the 9mm conversion barrel on my 33 with 33 .357 sig slide. At first it worked well. But after a while the fired case would not eject and would get get a colossal jam with the fired case stuck between ejector and the extractor. The slide would go forward feeding a round from the mag. Result was a type of double feed. I noticed that the edge of the ejector seemed a little rounded and that may have played a role with the smaller rim of the 9mm slipping past the .357 sig ejector. I may have fired some steel case ammo that might have worn the ejector's edge. If I had used a 9mm ejector it is possible that function would have improved. The 9mm case being smaller is not a snug fit in the 33 slide that is setup to work with the larger diameter .357 sig case head.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez