Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Colt stops civilian sales of ARs!

Colt suspends production of AR-15 for civilian market
    https://khqa.com//news/nation-world/...2019-192735766

oh no.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

So what.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

I suspect that some of the other tier 1 manufacturers will pick up the business along with some high quality pirates.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Colt didn't change with the times. There were too many small startups that made a product that was superior for less money. I think Colt thought that they would have military contracts forever, then when they lost them back in I think 2012 that caused a multitude of problems for the company. Now they are reorganized out of bankruptcy and they are saying they want to concentrate on the civilian 1911 and revolver market. A market that they all but abandoned for several years. I see this as a warning for Colt. Their manufacturing lines are rather old and need updating. If Colt goes back to those products that made it great and can update their processes without cutting quality, I think they have a chance. We shall see.
    Erik Maddocks
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    http://www.actajefferson.com
    https://www.facebook.com/acta.erikmadd/

That won't be the first time. And that's why I
    own only 1 Colt.

NFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Colt suspends production of AR-15 for civilian market
    https://khqa.com//news/nation-world/...2019-192735766
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

They’re being sellouts by not making rifles for citizens. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the big deal? Plenty of ARs on the market from budget, midgrade, to top quality and for AR15s in calibers from .17 to 50 cal. It is a market that colt due to its name would have a slight advantage. If they want to throw it away, it is their choice and only makes the price of older colt ARs go up in price for the collectors.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by MaddMan View Post
    Colt didn't change with the times. There were too many small startups that made a product that was superior for less money. I think Colt thought that they would have military contracts forever, then when they lost them back in I think 2012 that caused a multitude of problems for the company. Now they are reorganized out of bankruptcy and they are saying they want to concentrate on the civilian 1911 and revolver market. A market that they all but abandoned for several years. I see this as a warning for Colt. Their manufacturing lines are rather old and need updating. If Colt goes back to those products that made it great and can update their processes without cutting quality, I think they have a chance. We shall see.
    ^This.^
    They got bigger problems than not selling to the civilian market. Personally, I only purchase old and collectible Colt firearms anyway.
    Tony
    When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.

Colt is still in business? Won’t be for long and who gives 2 shits? They gave up on quality 30 yrs ago.

From what I've read, they had to fill contracts and needed to focus on them rather than have valuable resources trying to compete in a flooded civilian market.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016