Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Locally, the concern over pellet placement is what did the shotgun in. Before it essentially disappeared, the liability managers mandated single-projectile loads for patrol carry. It was a fantastic load in terms of damage on target, but it obviously took away any type of speed advantage.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

I would add low capacity to the list. Also taking thousand round rifle class is more appealing too many than a thousand round shotgun class.
    I recently picked up a new 1301 that I think has a lot of potential.
    Paul

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    I just finished this one up myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Locally, the concern over pellet placement is what did the shotgun in. Before it essentially disappeared, the liability managers mandated single-projectile loads for patrol carry. It was a fantastic load in terms of damage on target, but it obviously took away any type of speed advantage.
    "We're worried that some .32 cal shot pellets MIGHT go around the target, so let's require patrol to use slugs which WILL go through their target"

Makes total sense

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    I just finished this one up myself...

Aridus Industries has some good upgrades for the 1301 platform. I do wish they made a plus one only extension though.
    Paul

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    I would add low capacity to the list. Also taking thousand round rifle class is more appealing too many than a thousand round shotgun class.
    So on Capacity - most 12 ga I ever used in one fight was three rounds. And yes, they all hit.

Other than an LE in a tactical event, anyone able to give me a case of a Private Person using more rounds than is commonly held in a standard 12 ga? Because we can theorize until we are near death...but reality will not change. Anyone?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I find a lot of times that it's a case of "If a little does a lot, then a lot should do wonders". Early on in my previous life it was common for troops to carry at least 8 spare mags + the one in the rifle or more. After some experience you see that rapidly drop to 3-4 mags + the one in the rifle as they realized they weren't using that many magazines in a firefight.

With the shotgun, at most even when breaching you'll use 2-4 rounds to blow down the door, which is the most ammo intensive use you'll see without the opportunity to top off the gun.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I guarantee that no one would voluntarily carry a 20-30 round 12 gauge for any significant time or distance.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 12. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I guarantee that no one would voluntarily carry a 20-30 round 12 gauge for any significant time or distance.
    I dunno...Bubba Belly might carry it from the trunk of his used car to the bench if he can park close enough...
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

And if he had help.

Shotgun as crew-served weapon.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 12. And a wakeup.